SAU Community

Catalytic Converter, What To Get..

Fugi

except the x force ones flow not much better than what you already have.

Metal cat are the best on the market. get one of them you won't be sorry.

don't go a cheapie

lol, now he tells me :P

from what i understand, the stock cat flows 250ish. the xforce is over twice that. has to be an improvement.

with moderate boost and stock turbo, i reckon it will do the job.

Hmm, i dunno, spending a heap is overkill, its not like there going to be baffled, most hi flow cats will flow pretty good, that said i got a $250 one, which i deemed mid ranged, i'll post dyno results after i get it installed (with new split dump/front mind you), but i'll post em anyway

i ended up taking julion advice and brought a catco cat off BATMBL..

* 3" Catco cat BOLT ON (metal inside, 5" round body **not 4" like Magic cat & Metal cat**, 200csi cell - 706.2 CFM! **Outflows Magic cat & Metal cat**, EPA & CARB approved) - GB price only $360 including delivery

seems priddy good any one know much about this.. ?? is it as good as metal cat??

Hmm, i dunno, spending a heap is overkill, its not like there going to be baffled, most hi flow cats will flow pretty good

that's what i reckon. going from a stock compliance cat (hope it's not gutted when i take it out) to a 3" highflow has to see some decent improvements.

Yea if you want to shoot flames theres a straight pipe on ebay for $70.. so theres no point of gettin a highflow 3" and gutting it..

but personaly id rather spend $10k + on mods then give it to the goverment..

But i saw a 32 the other day shooting flames at me.. it was very impressive and i wish it was leagal...

Edited by Fugi

fitted the xforce 3" highflow cat the other day (onto full 3" exhaust). very happy with it.

seems to have gained ~1psi extra boost, so i have to figure it has improved flow somewhat. the exhaust note got a bit deeper, but not really louder, although slightly droney now at certain rpms.

i'm considering a resonator somewhere after the cat, to quieten it down a bit, get rid of the drone. this wouldnt affect flow, would it?

Edited by Munkyb0y

The difference between a 3" ceramic and metallic one might only be 5% peak power. Probably not much with a mildly modded car but would definitely become a potential restriction at big power levels ie >250rwkw.

Personally I got the 3" Catco steel cat & am very pleased.

I got my car dyno'd the same day as another 33 with only a cat back system & had 26KW on him or 177KW at the wheels. No other engine mods besides the full 3" system have been made to my car.

Yeh heaps better, but like a $13k fine if you get spotted spitting flames out your zorst.

if cops do an emmisions test on your exhaust and find u dont have a cat. in w.a its 20k on the spot fine

MMM i would be very happy to hear info on the resonator Q..

And thats very nice power for just a 3" zorst.

Damm 20k well im not to sure about melbourne just herd by people so it might be 20 here too..

if you want a resonator, get a resonator. its your car. whats right for you might not be right for others.

geee thanks man. :)

itll get rid of the drone and wont harm flow a hell of a lot

that's what i was asking, will it get rid of the drone, affect flow, and is there any recommendations ?

i know very little about resonators, besides they change the area/freq on the way thru, i think.