SAU Community

Shell V-power Racing

Jamezilla

This is the first 100+ Octane (Shell claim is 101) fuel available at the pump. It's not much more expensive than V-Power (Optimax), so what do people think?

Info on it and locations here:

http://www.shell.com.au/vpower-racing/

I filled the Lancer on Sat for $63 and have so far done about 260km on half a tank. This was a bit of freeway, bit of stop-start and a bit of zipping around through the hills. To compare - coming home from Sydney (all freeway) I managed 430km on a tank of Mobil 8000. Can't really tell about power delivery as I'm still not used to the car - but it's certainly not sluggish - so VPR looking good for me.

Steve McQueen is using it in the bullet and notes a bit smoother power delivery (even with a few degrees more timing) and reasonable economy.

Anyone else run more than a tank?

Thoughts?

J

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

checked it, doesnt recommend that I use it for my 96 gtst - so I havent. But my friend used it in his 06 accord euro, and says that he feels the response is so much better. He is still testing to see how many k's to the ltr it does.

On my third tank...

i usualy get around 300kms on BP ultimate. I am getting 320kms on VPR... But my custom tune which was originally for BP 98 is working much better on VPR. Heaps more mid-range from my seat-o-pants meter.

Only thing I have noticed is at high RPM in 4th gear the car is tapering boost out earlier...

must try this, but the locator shows the closest station to me is Millpark, might have to run the weapon dry and fill up before a country cruise/thrash.

I have used Boost 98 which has an ethanol content but it seems down on power. Mobil 8000 is my choice atm.

Steve McQueen is using it in the bullet and notes a bit smoother power delivery (even with a few degrees more timing) and reasonable economy.

Who is Steve McQueen and what does he do? (Im talking about the alleged real Steve McQueen not Brisby) :) hehe

I use it in my car and it runs really well, Ben from Race Pace insists it is the only fuel i should run my car on after he tuned it.

tried it, can't say I noticed much difference.

Is this completely replacing optimax? Because I couldn't find any pumps with optimax at my local servo. They only had V power.

As discussed with a Drunken Mr President on Saturday night, i have never heard of Steve McQueen or seen any of those movies as far as I remember (I do have a shocking memory though), thats why i posted that original post in this thread it was more of an in joke I suppose.

It is also why James is apparently giving me the important Steve McQueen Movies for christmas, he'll probably just steal them from Brisby! :whistling:

... thats why i posted that original post in this thread it was more of an in joke I suppose.

Well there are some things you just DONT JOKE ABOUT! :devil: What sort of education are parents and schools giving kids these days :whistling:

V-Power replaces Optimax and is available at most Shell servos

V-Power Racing replaces Optimax extreme and is located at only a select few Shell servos. The website says its actually beter than Extreme was with a minimum of 101 octane and often more than that. Maybe that is a good reason not to tune specificly to it?

Edited by FINER6