SAU Community

Hey all,

Im 16 and recieved my L's a month ago.

This weekend, me and my dad went to adelaide and bought my first car.

It's a black R32 Skyline, RB20DE non-turbo, 5speed.

I have only been researching into cars for the last 3months. I firstly wanted a 300ZX Z32, then a S13 180sx, then an EL XR6, then a S13 silvia but i decided an R32 would suit me lol.

So i have just a few questions.

How can I increase the power/KW/acceleration of my car without adding a turbo as I'm not allowed one lol.

What do i need to buy in order to get that sound of air coming out, everytime i change a gear?

Thanx in advance.

P.S I don't have a job, and since dad bought my car I need to spend my own money on doing it up. So orices would be appreciated. Thanx smile.gif

hey dude,

welcome. you are quite lucky to have been bought a nice car at such a young age.

most of what you need can be found by searching through these forums, either search bar at the bottom or the link up top (alternatively click here).

if you ever have a question search first - and if you cant find an answer, then start a new thread.

there are many ways to increase power; it all comes down to your budget and application, so start from there. start searching; extractors, exhaust, hiflow cat to begin with. your looking at an easy $1000 right there.

it's apparent you havent got the fundamentals of forced induction. to get the "air" sound (as you call it) you will need a turbo and a blow off valve. so let me just tell you straight up there's no way you will ever have that sound from a non-turbo car without losing your dignity.

remember this game is all about knowledge so use your brain like a sponge and try to read as many of these threads as you can, and only ask if you cant find an answer.

Hey! Alot like I have done, I have bought an R32 Skyline (but it is a 4 door, with RB25DE conversion) and I get my L's in less than a months time, And I am sharing with my twin bro. I also wanted an S13... basically everything I want to tell you is in my thread I created for my car, if you want check it out :laugh:. http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...=140314&hl=

Whyallapunk - Have you got MSN? I'd love to chat.

Thanks, -Jimmy.

Edited by -Jimmy-

Keep it sounding nice... A big loud raspy exhaust won't give you any more power over something that runs a resonator and a muffler to keep that raspyness at bay.

Much more respectfull having a nice note than something that sounds like pure rasp. I see a lot of n/a silvia's and what not shove a cannon on the end and it sounds pure crap.

Can't say I've seen an N/A R32 or R33. Seen a few NA R34's though. :P

congrats on the 32

ur best bet would be to put a set of extractors, and a full exhuast system, make sure you run a resonator or you will have a shocking sounding exhuast system, i learnt my lesson there

u could also run a pod air filter, but make sure u make a air box for it and a cold air intake

all the best.......drive safe

Keep it sounding nice... A big loud raspy exhaust won't give you any more power over something that runs a resonator and a muffler to keep that raspyness at bay.

Much more respectfull having a nice note than something that sounds like pure rasp. I see a lot of n/a silvia's and what not shove a cannon on the end and it sounds pure crap.

Can't say I've seen an N/A R32 or R33. Seen a few NA R34's though. :verymad:

you speak the truth thats for sure. I've got an NA silvia and it sounds sweet as but it cost. do it right the first time good exhast with two good quality mufflers and don't make the mistake of going to big.