SAU Community

Luckiest Bastard In The World, I Mean Australia

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmm....i wonder how many "genuine Z-tunes" we'll be seeing from now on.

sigsputnik - while there have been plenty of N1 and 400r copies out there in the past I'd suggest that this would be a lot harder to replicate. Add to that the fact that only a Ztune owner can get hold of certain replacement parts and the cost of producing them is so expensive.

The Z-tune is substantially more than just an r34 with a few go fast bits.

It has been completely overhauled. The engine is completely rebuilt, modified and tuned to 500ps, It has different brakes, suspension, coolers, aero parts, interior. The whole car is pretty much redone!

I believe it was made as a limited/anniversary edition to be the best a skyline could be.

Its a definate weapon.

The Z-tune is substantially more than just an r34 with a few go fast bits.

It has been completely overhauled. The engine is completely rebuilt, modified and tuned to 500ps, It has different brakes, suspension, coolers, aero parts, interior. The whole car is pretty much redone!

I believe it was made as a limited/anniversary edition to be the best a skyline could be.

Its a definate weapon.

V Spec's were bought back my Nismo and turned into Z Tunes, 20 Made the cut, pretty sure thats all they made....

As a std car its great. It does everything damn well and as far as std production cars go it was easily the quickest thing at Dutton.

Problem is though, it does not take a lot to get a lesser car to go quicker...there were events where it was only 1 second quicker then me...and thinking about it thats the launch through first gear as my car has a dead diff and std RB20 box so i cant launch the thing they way i would like.

Its a great car, but if either of the two R34 GTRs getting around Vic had entered they would have both shown it a clear set of heels. So can be doen cheaper and better in the aftermarket. Actually there awere several events where an SAU forum member in his relatively std R33 VSpec was quicker in a number of events. And you cant blame the driver either as the guy driving the Z Tune is an ex works Audi driver, V8 Supercar driver Carrera Cup guy...its just not as quick/goof as you would hope

yeah - big car, smallish circuits and stuff like that, it wasnt ultimatly suited for it

mayber better for a bigger circuit like barbegello, bathurst, winton, etc - all the bigger v8 circuits

Even still , Sandown is a big track and JAGR33 is his well sorted GTR is around 3-4 seconds quicker. And again, both drivers of the Z Tune have way more experience then him around Sandown.

Its quick, but its still a production car...and plenty of modded forum cars would be quicker...and no way the thing will run 10s...no way

• 3 weeks later...

THERE IS ONLY ONE IN AUSTRALIA.

IVE SEEN HIM IN MY AREA 10-12 TIMES IN THE LAST MONTH - 6 WEEKS

THIS LEADS ME TO BELIEVE HE LIVES IN THE EASTERN SUBURBS ITS SO MUCH HOTTER IN THE FLESH THAN IT IS IN YOUR AUTOSALON MAGAZINE.

IT FASTER THAN FERRARI ENZO, MCLAREN F1 EVEN f**kEN BUGATTI VEYRON

ITS LIKE THE NEW SUPER CAR KILLER YEAH

IF I HAD 200K ID BUY IT FOR SURE

Edited by GUN_METAL_GTR32

THIS LEADS ME TO BELIEVE HE LIVES IN THE EASTERN SUBURBS ITS SO MUCH HOTTER IN THE FLESH THAN IT IS IN YOUR AUTOSALON MAGAZINE.

well in theory it is faster than mclaren I guess..not sure if its true if tested..Mclaren has time as as fast as 9s every now and then...Veryon also high 9s

Nissan promised Z tune to be sumwhere in the 10s, but I'd think it'll be high 10s..

yes there is only 1 Z tune in W.A

they only produced a total of 20 cars

so chances are that'll be the only one in Australia ever

no there is no Z tune in W.A

WHAT??? I DIDN'T QUITE HEAR YOU!!!!