SAU Community

Help! Im Buying A Non Turbo Skyline

im buying an RB25DE powered skyline i took it to the mechanic he said he could smell fuel but he cant pin point where the fumes are coming from. he said the injectors could be leaking? or seals might need replacing? what can be the problem? maybe he is saying that expecting me to buy the car and bring it to him for fixing? what are your opinions and what could be wrong? please reply asap buying car 2morow morning?

can YOU smell the fuel? it could be anything causing the smell, faulty o2 sensor, leak in the fuel line, etc. kinda hard to diagnose the problem.

there are quite a few skylines floating around now - so have your pick and only buy if you are comfortable.

that said a few NAs have been recently snapped up quickly.

yeh he said something about the O2 sensor, is that expensive to replace? found out on this site its about 175, not too bad, but im worried, whats the worst case scenario when you can smell fuel? and how much would it cost to fix it?

yeh NA liners are getting eaten kwik, thats why im like f*k it if its not a big problem ill buy it.

Edited by GoldRush

if you are worried, why buy? unless you can vanquish the nagging feeling that something might be wrong, I'd leave this one be. As Eug said, you'll be able to find another.

I can only speak for GTR injectors, to get them replaced is not cheap.

NA injectors can be easily replaced since alot of GTST owners upgrade to nismo, hiflow, sard items... so alot of 370cc ones floating around for next to nothing

thanks guys, thanks eug, what do you think, a 1993 R33 skyline, non turbo, 120 000 km on the clock, mechanic says fuel smell, and like u suggested, he also said could be o2 sensor, fuel lines or injectors. $7500 reasonable? no body damage besides some scratches.

Try to bust the guy on the price then you have money to spend on repairs, and if its an easy fix your laughing, but no need to get jumpy, the customer is ALWAYS RIGHT, and the buyer ALWAYS has the ball in his court, be cool