SAU Community

R33 Headlights Fogged

Woody1

extremely common problem...u'll have to remove the bulbs, remove the headlight cover then put some hot water with CLR or whatever inside it, let it sit for a bit, swirl it around (just like in the tv ad) then let it dry for a bit (u can use a hairdryer for this) ... now to ensure this doesnt happen in the future i found that some clear silicon around the mouldings and anywhere that it looks like water can enter into - will do the trick

yer dude i had the same problem hey u can use all plastic polishes and shit but all i used was some tooth paste polish it in then leave it 4 a bit and rub it off wit a damp cloth. cheep and effective!

You mean that dirty look or moisture in the head light.

For the dirty look, I used a heavy cut and polish, then a normal car wax that worked for me.

Cleaned em up well.

For moisture as above^^^^

• 3 weeks later...

Was in a rear end/ front end ( long story but was not my fault), they had to respray the front bonnet etc, seems that the lights are now super fogged. can barely see through it. Will need to do this cleaning. Just wondering if someone who has done it can give me some pointers.

Do you have to remove front bumper? is this easy?

Do you have to remove the fron clear plastic thing then just clean that using the above methods?

I tried and gave up (didn't have much time). saw all the nuts holding it in. Will give it a go when i have more time.