SAU Community

1 Billion Dollars Buys You 2 Recalls

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both recalls have been the fault of 3rd party suppliers (probably doing things on the cheap), rather than the fault of Holden design and manufacturing. Yeah, it's fun to bag out the new Commodore, haha, but seriously, considering the magnitude of the design work, this car was done on a shoestring budget. Some manufacturers will spend as much on a facelift for an existing model...

Both recalls have been the fault of 3rd party suppliers (probably doing things on the cheap), rather than the fault of Holden design and manufacturing. Yeah, it's fun to bag out the new Commodore, haha, but seriously, considering the magnitude of the design work, this car was done on a shoestring budget. Some manufacturers will spend as much on a facelift for an existing model...

what the

how do u call 1 billion dollars a shoe string budget

they have problems with there autos too r u goin to pass the buck on that problem

Thats why they have series 1 and then release a series 2!

To iron out all these bugs and produce the series 2 car.

Recalls meh, at least they are acknowledging the problem and rectifying the issue.

You know I was thinking about this the other day.

How many billion is spent on that silly war in iraq? How many people have died from that? What has that achived?

How many billion is spent on oil tankers and their guidance systems, yet they still crash then have spills.

How many billion are spent on aircraft and all their accociated systems, yet they still have problems, hell you cant even use electronic devices in them... would have thought there would have been some advancment in the past 40 years or so...

So reallllly 1bill on a car where a lot of that money was on the robots to build them and other cars... and to have only two recalls, and actually pick up on them... I dont think its too bad. Especially when you think they could have just dumped the project, car is done sold who cares. At least they are still testing.

But hey, its a skyline forum...

Holden chose to use those 3rd party manufacturers items.

Bad choice , for a billion dollar car.

1 Billion $'s would not build the many manufacturing plants they would need, to build all the parts for the car (+ labour etc). Its a simple equation for Holden, why would you produce it yourself if its cheaper to buy? Everyone would outsource if they were able to reduce costs. With the market Holden has to work with and the revenue they generate, this car is not a bad effort at all.

Hate to break it to you but the new commodore is better screwed together than your 1989 nissan skyline.

Lots of cars have recalls to have small things fixed.

Even Nissans *gasp* someone posted a link ages ago that had lists of all the recalls for r32, r33, and r34's. I checked it out and then went to my car to see if the recall work had been done and it had.

Stop bagging them a new car for 45 grand that can do the quarter mile in the 13's and zero to a hundred in under 6 is pretty damn good.

Hate to break it to you but the new commodore is better screwed together than your 1989 nissan skyline.

Lots of cars have recalls to have small things fixed.

Even Nissans *gasp* someone posted a link ages ago that had lists of all the recalls for r32, r33, and r34's. I checked it out and then went to my car to see if the recall work had been done and it had.

Stop bagging them a new car for 45 grand that can do the quarter mile in the 13's and zero to a hundred in under 6 is pretty damn good.

i will stop bagging it when holden get it right

and the new commodore should be screwed together better than a 1989 model skyline as the new commohore was built 15yrs later

and i hardly call a seat belt recall a small thing

Most new cars have recalls. The new Commodore is pretty good for an Aussie car. I'm not a Holden junkie but I'm certainly not going to label it a shitbox because it's had two minor recalls.

i will stop bagging it when holden get it right

and the new commodore should be screwed together better than a 1989 model skyline as the new commohore was built 15yrs later

and i hardly call a seat belt recall a small thing

Because nissan got it right in the early ninety's. Thats why they were partially sold off to Renault.

Everything they made was full of unicorn giggles, and other happy fun stuff.

Their just PERFECT aren't they.

Cut holden some slack, they have made a world class car on a shoestring budget.

And please note i drive a skyline and have never owned a holden so i'm not biased.

And here is a quote from that article...

More than 32,000 new vehicles have been recalled in Australia since September to fix safety-related faults, according to Government records.

National recalls had been made by Holden, Honda, Jaguar, Chrysler, Renault, Alfa Romeo, Mitsubishi, Ford, Nissan (ohh no's teh nissans as well) and Subaru

Edited by kralster