SAU Community

Weirdness On Dyno

huddy

hi there

had a tune on the car not too long ago - only been out to the track once with it as it was... basically had powerfc / z32 / gtr inj / hks 2530 / rb24... results were 220 @ 1bar as i didnt have a boost controller and thats what the actuator was set at...

ok so last friday i get it back to the dyno with a gizzmo ibc fitted, i was told all i would need is a power run just to make sure once i have it fitted, just get the a/f ratios checked with the extra boost. fair enough :)

originally the tune was air fuel ratios 12 - 13's so fairly good. Now with any sorta boost at all above 1 bar or at 1bar, its running 14's in the fuel ratio's...

only things changed were - adding of the IBC - change of fuel filter (ryco z200) / oil filter (K&N) / air filter (K&N) / oil (motul 300v 10w40).

has anybody had any similar problems like this?

i also have an inconsistant misfiring problem, which may be injector plug as its only number 2 cylinder cutting spark. i will be pulling the loom out to check for green goop and clean everything up appropriately. check the link for no spark issue -> http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=141348

thanks

-Matt

Is it just me: I consider anything above 12 (a/f) lean.

I would prefer to have a/f ratios sitting at 11.5 - 12.

As Adriano has stated, you need to get the Pfc re-tuned. If you still can't lower the a/f ratio start looking at upgrading parts of the fuel system.

yep as you increased the boost

its increase P (load) so its moved it down on the load map a bit more to an un-tuned area, so its leaner than you like. solution get it tuned with the safest boost you can run at the correct setting, ie: don't have hi or low, or if you do, tune for both, which means more $$$

yeah i will simply get a tune for max boost, which will be free of charge as long as nothing else is wrong...

i am running a walbro intank pump, never had a problem with it before and it has easily made almost 240rwkw in the same car.

running a stock FPR

so i'm guessing the ebc is simply bringing the whole curve over (so more boost earlier than it was before) and now where there used to be fuel there isnt, because the curve has moved over from ebc. ?

as for misfire - i found lots of green goopy shit on a couple inj plugs so clean them up or possibly replace.

thanks

check afrs once solve all your issues, maybe get a retune\check.

has the timing been moved?

not a fan of powerfc...

why not? any other ecu would have done the same thing.

he tuned for a given level of airflow, then adding in more air, so it moved the max load points on the map.

a new fuel filter can make it run a bit leaner. if the old filter wasn't very dirty, but had done a bit of work it probably didn't filter as well as it should and let more fuel through than in filtered. then when you put the new filter in it is a bit more restrictive.

well sorta thinking this... can it make that much of a difference, i have noticed a LOT more flutter with the new pod, and can hear the air sucking in.

also was thinking that it may get more fuel if old fuel filter was blocked...

If your car was tuned in the 12's and is now running in the 14's its running LEAN!

I.e you need a retune.

If your intake is flowing more air, but the tune remains the same it will run leaner

as the PFC doesnt compensate (unless tuned otherwise)

As with any intake, you will get increased induction noise which also means a louder

BOV