SAU Community

Wanted To Buy

Cubes

^^^ Dan, are you aware that N1 water pumps are only good for pure track cars? 5 minutes idling at the traffic lights in hot weather will pretty much cook your motor with an N1 water pump - as they are made for constant high revs and the anti-cavitation design of them causes very poor water circulation at low (idle) revs. Just a thought.

-clutch slave cylinder

-adjustable caster rods

-coilpacks

-eggs

-milk

-mail order bride

...and a partridge in a pear tree

Srsly danski, u should delete the sarcasm if u want nizzlz to take u srsly over the wtb thread. it srs bsns.

-D

^^^ Dan, are you aware that N1 water pumps are only good for pure track cars? 5 minutes idling at the traffic lights in hot weather will pretty much cook your motor with an N1 water pump - as they are made for constant high revs and the anti-cavitation design of them causes very poor water circulation at low (idle) revs. Just a thought.

Hey andrew

I did some research after last time u told me this, and its the N1 Oil Pump that does this

the n1 water pump has no problems whatsoever, it actually eliminates low end cavitation without compromising top end

besides 5 minutes of idling in hot weather will not be caused solely by the water pump. the tubes, water pressure and rad core is also an issue..

srs, check it out, its the oil pumps. thats why im gonna stick with my stock oil pump, but the n1 is a worth upgrade

-D

EDIT - it may very well be a case also of supporting mods - i have new hose and 52mm radiator. that would help offset idle temps, however I really dont think a 52mm radiator does much more than a stocker when one is standing still ;P

Edited by Dohmar

WANTED SEMI URGENTLY

I NEED ATLEAST 4 235/40/18'S OR SIMILAR SIZE TYRES WITH ATLEAST 2MM TREAD ABOVE WEAR INDICATORS.

I DONT CARE ON BRANDS ETC THE CHEAPER THE BETTER.

I WILL TAKE MORE THAN 4 TYRES IF SOMEONE HAS A FEW SITTIN ROUND THEY WANT GONE.

PLEASE PM ME ONLY OR SMS ME AS I DONT CHECK IN THIS THREAD VERY OFTEN.

0402217466 THANKS BOYS.

^^^ WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

Hey andrew

I did some research after last time u told me this, and its the N1 Oil Pump that does this

the n1 water pump has no problems whatsoever, it actually eliminates low end cavitation without compromising top end

besides 5 minutes of idling in hot weather will not be caused solely by the water pump. the tubes, water pressure and rad core is also an issue..

srs, check it out, its the oil pumps. thats why im gonna stick with my stock oil pump, but the n1 is a worth upgrade

-D

EDIT - it may very well be a case also of supporting mods - i have new hose and 52mm radiator. that would help offset idle temps, however I really dont think a 52mm radiator does much more than a stocker when one is standing still ;P

ah, well that is a bit bizarre. That information was given to me by Craig at Main North Nissan, who knows his Skylines inside and out, backwards and forwards. I was going to put an N1 pump in mine when I replaced it and he advised me very strongly against it and told me the story I repeated. He talked me out of spending extra $$ on the N1 pump, so it was actually against Nissan's interest to tell me that.

Weird.

But let me guarantee you - when your water pump is not working properly (like mine wasn't) then you easily cook your car and hit 100 degrees in 5 minutes flat in hot weather .... I can assure you that as fact. Despite me having an aftermarket radiator, oil cooler and twin thermos it STILL cooked, as the water pump was transporting very little water around the engine. It is a heat transfer system, so if the pump is not pumping enough water around, you cook. Easy as that.

The design of the N1 pumps is much more hollowed out on the outer housing which stops the top end cavitation. This does however result in much lower flow during lower engine revs/revolutions of the water pump/belts. Think about the logic.

I am just repeating what I was told by Nissan's top parts guy in Aus :) He sells a LOT of Skyline parts to a LOT of punters, and businesses alike.

Hey Chad, next 35+ degree day go warm up your car then let it sit out in the sun and idle for 10 minutes. I bet you your water temp reaches and exceeds 100 degrees C! Might be good to test out the theory and graph the temps. But hey, if yours works fine then maybe I am wrong.

ah, well that is a bit bizarre. That information was given to me by Craig at Main North Nissan, who knows his Skylines inside and out, backwards and forwards. I was going to put an N1 pump in mine when I replaced it and he advised me very strongly against it and told me the story I repeated. He talked me out of spending extra $ on the N1 pump, so it was actually against Nissan's interest to tell me that.

IIRC the stock water pump is the same price as the N1? Loads of other people running N1's on their dailies... SLED's old beast had one I'm pretty sure (since pete organized the group buy in the first place)...

anyone else?

Sorry for OT.

-D

Edit - Main North Nissan eh? I rang them up to ask about HICAS repair or Consult codes and the guy on the phone had NFI what I was talking about :|

Edited by Dohmar

WTB if u have any of there please call me on 0425313447 thanks :P

• rb25neo turbo
  • 3 2in gauges for the centre console, just white faced, anything from boost, water temp, oil temp, oil pressure, zorst gas temp, volts etc etc not fussed
  • a boost controler, just a set and leave underbonnet one for now.
  • boch 040 or similar

thats it for now im taking a look at a set of coil overs today or tomoro so ill c how that goes but if u have cheap coilovers please pm or call me. prefer base height adjustable but beggers cant be choosers :D

thanks - adrian

WTB if u have any of there please call me on 0425313447 thanks :thumbsup:

• rb25neo turbo
  • 3 2in gauges for the centre console, just white faced, anything from boost, water temp, oil temp, oil pressure, zorst gas temp, volts etc etc not fussed
  • a boost controler, just a set and leave underbonnet one for now.
  • boch 040 or similar

thats it for now im taking a look at a set of coil overs today or tomoro so ill c how that goes but if u have cheap coilovers please pm or call me. prefer base height adjustable but beggers cant be choosers :banana:

thanks - adrian

and here i was thinkin u were selling your car. ha ha