SAU Community

Mongoose Or Viper?

rb25_r32

how does exactly the gms module work? lik i noe that it uses a sim card. but do we hav to recharge it wif credit or is there a monthly payment to be made...? wots the go?

when I do them I tell the customer to get a red sim (vodaphone.) and set a lower limit on it. when the card credit drops to $5 it debtis the credit card they have. most start with $30 or so. bearing in mind that every SMS send costs you. so if you have a unit that reports EVERYTHING about your car to you it will take 10-20 SMS messages to do it.

Hey buddy,

Yeah go the mongoose, I got talked out of the Viper because the bloke at the shop i went to (styln in melbourne) said that its a much better unit and is harder to bypass, but it all depends on the quality of the install, mine cost me about 490 ish,

Very good and no probs and i've had it for almost a year, good luck with it all,

Regards Sean'O

so all it is wif a gsm unit. u buy credit for it and recharge it. and it sends u sms's to ur fone and u can send sms to the gsm unit. once it runs outta credit u recharge it wif credit? is it a safe system? wot if other ppl sends sms's to the gsm unit?

so all it is wif a gsm unit. u buy credit for it and recharge it. and it sends u sms's to ur fone and u can send sms to the gsm unit. once it runs outta credit u recharge it wif credit? is it a safe system? wot if other ppl sends sms's to the gsm unit?

Its locked to your phone. so no one else can send messages to it. depending on the unit it will send sms only or you can send sms to it ad have it do things. I have one customer that has a failsafe lockout system (if he locks the keys in the car he can open it with his phone.) off one of these units.

ive got a mongoose M80s which is the 2nd highest i think. its seems like a good alarm system. the only problem i have with it is the auto immobilise after 30secs and there isnt any valet option or anything where i can turn it off that i can see.

hey just to let u know u can turn off the auto arming function on your m80 but this feature is needed 4 insurance reasons

Its locked to your phone. so no one else can send messages to it. depending on the unit it will send sms only or you can send sms to it ad have it do things. I have one customer that has a failsafe lockout system (if he locks the keys in the car he can open it with his phone.) off one of these units.

how much did u charge this customer for this system??? jst wonderin so i noe how much i am lookin at.. thanks

Ahh,

Sorry about the late reply, yep thats the website above, just drop in for a quote, very nice people and they don't stuff ya around.

like I said my system works very well and its up to Australian standard etc etc, plus they told me about "lesser" systems to save me hassles instead of just filling their book like many other places would,

cheers,

Sean

Mongoose M80 would be my pick too, installed properly. Auto arming gives me the shits to this day lol anyone know how to disable that

gengis,

fire me a pm with the alrm type and I'll see if I can help you.

hi guys, just wondering if viper has a site

ive been offered a viper remote start i think the 791 model brand new..

now i have read about mongoose. im starting to think if that might be better option

also another quick question, whats the difference between a 1way and 2way alarm?

cheers

Edited by mrslick

hi guys, just wondering if viper has a site

ive been offered a viper remote start i think the 791 model brand new..

now i have read about mongoose. im starting to think if that might be better option

also another quick question, whats the difference between a 1way and 2way alarm?

cheers

www.directed.com

1 way means that you send a command to the alarm (on/off)

2way means it sends it back.

keep your line of thinking. the 791 has its place in the market (just not on a skyline :( )

styln quoted me $545 installed for a mongoose m80g and thats after i mentioned Chris Rogers :stupid:

Im reading this thread and seeing replies of $480~ installed. Anyone got the m80 from styln?

Thanks