SAU Community

Gtr Launch

i would launch as per how much traction i was expecting to get, i.e tripple plate clutch on full slicks at all 4's with say 300kw pretty dam hard lol, then again im not worried to break shit as im a mechanic :D so if u had stock clutch,tyres and power. no point doin a redline dump cause you'll break shit and prob slip somewhere along the line

Edited by dead32

5,500 on yoko a032r tyres, works pretty good. little bit of clutch slip from when the red light comes on until it goes off 3-5seconds. handbrake to hold the car. drop the handbrake and clutch, floor the throttle and off you go.

But it depends what sort of surface you mean too, that is for a circuit starting grid.

You can significantly reduce shock on the drivetrain (gearbox, rear diff and driveshafts) by preloading using the handbrake.

As Duncan says, slip the clutch to the limit of what the handbrake can hold and then floor the throttle whilst releasing the handbrake. If you get the timing right, you are just finished releasing the handbrake when it's time to snatch second. I then like to get both hands on the wheel to help counter the impending torque steer.

Personally, when I launch my GTR from a measely 5000rpm on my way to a 2.1 60ft it is because:

1. I cant be stuffed fixing broken things anymore.

2. I find I am getting more and more mechanical sympathy (because of point 1.)

3. I'm not really into Drag racing and getting my time down to the last 10th of a sec dosnt really matter, people can basically work out what ET your GTR could acheive if you did a Hard launch anyway by looking at the 60ft time, ET, and MPH.

Mine runs a 12.6 @ 113mph with a 2.1 60ft.....its fairly obvious if I did a full limiter launch a 12.3 could be achieved.....So why wreck your own car trying :laugh:

Edited by PSI_GTSII

My Boss's Targa car launches at 7500 rpm. Twin plate clutch, 330+ rwkw.

Has Motec, so it's s simple procedure.....

Engage clutch, select first, plant right foot, when it sounds like there is gunfire behind you, disengage clutch as quickly as you can.

1.5 seconds later flat change into 2nd (gotta love flat shift control)

1.5 seconds later flat change into 3rd.

Grin like idiot, giggle like school girl.

Stop. Repeat.

My Boss's Targa car launches at 7500 rpm. Twin plate clutch, 330+ rwkw.

Has Motec, so it's s simple procedure.....

Engage clutch, select first, plant right foot, when it sounds like there is gunfire behind you, disengage clutch as quickly as you can.

1.5 seconds later flat change into 2nd (gotta love flat shift control)

1.5 seconds later flat change into 3rd.

Stop. Repeat.

;)

My Boss's Targa car launches at 7500 rpm.

Tried that once, it goes like it robbed a bank!!

Whats your bosses one? R32 R33 R34?

Stop. Repeat.

Funny cause its true ;)