Shell V-power

MattR

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried it..

No difference to BP98.

Wasn't able to dial in 1degree more ign other wise it would knock (same as bp98) and also got the same kays out of a tank.

I got mine from Findon as they were 'supposed' to have Optimax Extreme 100ron (renamed to V-power racing) available from ~29th of Oct.

They haven't BUT the bloke said they are definitely getting it.

http://www.coles-express.com.au/fuel.asp#1

I've tried it..

No difference to BP98.

Wasn't able to dial in 1degree more ign other wise it would knock (same as bp98) and also got the same kays out of a tank.

I got mine from Findon as they were 'supposed' to have Optimax Extreme 100ron (renamed to V-power racing) available from ~29th of Oct.

They haven't BUT the bloke said they are definitely getting it.

http://www.coles-express.com.au/fuel.asp#1

I guess thats pretty definitive isn't it?

Any chance different cars would have different results?

lol I posted the same question in the skyline section earlier tonight ;)

I guess thats pretty definitive isn't it?

Any chance different cars would have different results?

lol I posted the same question in the skyline section earlier tonight :ninja:

Not really. :D

I didn't check afr's and apart from the seat of the pants it didn't feel any different. A dyno may tell a different story.

Different cars.. Possibly one that is making a heap more power than mine, mines not making a great deal peak just a big fat mid.

On the note of fuels.. I went to have a play with the Extreme 98 10% Eth again tonight but noticed it had been bumped up to 12c more than their regular ULP.

Not sure if they either forgot to adjust the price or they have increased its margin over regular ULP. I will keep an eye on it over the next couple of days and see if the price drops down or not. So.... I dropped BP98 in. :)

Refuse to pay 12c more for a 10% eth 98ron fuel.

According to the website, it's a different formula with some gains in performance.

The creators of Shell Optimax, Australia's first premium performance fuel, are proud to announce the introduction of their new performance fuel. New Shell V-Power with Friction Modification Technology is designed to give you better responsiveness and improved performance in comparison with Shell Optimax, the fuel that it replaces.

so is this gunna just suck through my system like BP ultimate or will i get improved performance (gimak gimak)

i noticed in my old skyline R31 RB30de when i went from just ultimate to premium i got heaps more KM's out of it but when i went from premium in the 33 to BP ultimate it didnt last as long and there was no noticable performance

im not sure on L/Km but i fill up each wednesday and if i dont go cruising by the time i fill up again on wednesday i sumtimes think ill struggle to make it to wednesday but filling up usually means about 50-55Lts so if my tank really does hold 65Lt then theres allways about 10Lt left in it

**EDIT**

u must drive like my grandma :S 12l/100 = 541KM/65lt tank

Edited by Madaz

I used to get 10.5L/100km in the R32. Stock as a rock with only a pod filter on PULP (not even 98ron).

Will be interesting to see if there's any noticeable difference. I keep a very detailed fuel consumption log at home so i'll report the results here.

im not sure on L/Km but i fill up each wednesday and if i dont go cruising by the time i fill up again on wednesday i sumtimes think ill struggle to make it to wednesday but filling up usually means about 50-55Lts so if my tank really does hold 65Lt then theres allways about 10Lt left in it

**EDIT**

u must drive like my grandma :S 12l/100 = 541KM/65lt tank

Quite the opposite actually. If earnt more money I'd chew through rear tyres like a dog does a chop, so I do try to restrain myself. I usually boot it whenever I get the chance though :). It;s just really important to have a good O2 sensor. I was getting 15's before hand.

You should calculate it out mate it's not that hard, & see if you got bad or good economy. Pleanty of guys are getting economy better than me, they MUST drive like grandma's :happy: or on highways a lot.

That's where a pen & paper is your friend. Write kms & litres & figure it out later :happy:

My best ever economy was 10, but that was before the O2 sensor. I did a combine city country drive on a tank a few weeks back & got 10.7, I reckon a full country drive would be more like 9.5 now.

Edited by JazzaR33