SAU Community

Shell V-power

MattR

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most probably my driving style :) It's gone up since i installed the front pipe though.. i picked up a couple pound of boost right there.

But the stop start traffic to work in the city doesn't help either.

Funny thing is, it was running much richer before i had my ignition issues sorted out, so in theory it should've been lower. After my next round of modifications i'll go back and see Shaun at boostworks for a dyno tune.

They have this at the west terrace shell as off yesterday i think. I put it in mine as i couldnt be bothered moving the car again once i had noticed they changed it. Only thing for me seems a bit smoother but i was only on ulp 95ron before not a 98 one

V power is nothing more than optimax.....

V power racing is just the optimax extreme....

game over!

for what its worth the V power racing is a performance gain!

300kw GTR will get about 10kw after tuning on it :P

also of note is the fact that V8 supercar advertise that they use this fuel.... they don't !

why????

in initial testing, it was used and melted the inner foam filled fuel tank causing 40k damage to SBR fuel cells and systems etc.... they use the 98 version being V power, but it is V8SA special blend...

how much power does this give???

MORE than the V power racing!!!! lol

(have tested them all in a controlled environment :)

It;s just really important to have a good O2 sensor. I was getting 15's before hand.

You should calculate it out mate it's not that hard, & see if you got bad or good economy. Pleanty of guys are getting economy better than me, they MUST drive like grandma's :) or on highways a lot.

i also keep a detailed log of my travels. i get 11L/100km. varied style of driving and alot of peak hr traffic stop and go. replacing the 02 sensor did wonders to my car. but then again, car never has a full tank of petrol - most is 1 bar, no rear seats (weight nothing anyways) and no spare wheel in boot.

i also keep a detailed log of my travels. i get 11L/100km. varied style of driving and alot of peak hr traffic stop and go. replacing the 02 sensor did wonders to my car. but then again, car never has a full tank of petrol - most is 1 bar, no rear seats (weight nothing anyways) and no spare wheel in boot.

Yeah I've been driving mine around for the last week, using the air-con half the time, driving only in suburban & city traffic & always fill the tank to the top & netted 11.7L/100km when I filled it up today. Pretty good really.

Not if you were going to buy something in the store anyway Joel.

One of the best things ever was getting the company car.

I haven't looked at the price of fuel in ages - when the weekender needs fuel it just gets it.

Sorry if that's rubbing things in.

does anyone here honestly care about fuel economy???

if you do, and you own a big 6 turbo car ( GTR in my case ) you own the wrong car!!!

I couldnt care less how much fuel is! if your that concerned about MPG, get a getz or a jazz! lol... or even a very sporty toyota hybrid .. errr!

so seriously, yes V power racing is a good pump fuel, infact it is less than 2% off the best power we got on MARTINI 110!

so at $7 per ltr V $1.50 it is a good bang for your buck :D

but you cant get it here in SA .... yet :D

so the fuel to have currently? BP98....

Why piss money against the wall when you don't have to?

The Skylines do and are supposed to return good economy, if one isn't then it has issues and something isn't right.

Isn't an economy/power balance the whole idea of turbo?

Small motor, better economy yet it has the boot when you want it.

Why piss money against the wall when you don't have to?

The Skylines do and are supposed to return good economy, if one isn't then it has issues and something isn't right.

Isn't an economy/power balance the whole idea of turbo?

Small motor, better economy yet it has the boot when you want it.

here here thankyou

well filled up with Vmax today so lets see how we go

i think the main time i tested the BPultimate was on a hills cruise and you hardly get out of 3rd gear for those (well i dont i like revs when i need it)