SAU Community

Anyone Using Hks Silent High Power?

nizmo_freek

Hey there

Yes i have searched but couldnt find anything about the stainless steel hks silent high power catback for a r33 gts25t, i am looking at getting one for my 25t and want peoples opinions on it, does it have a nice note? is it loud/quiet? Did you gain much power from it (i know i wont gain much power from it as it is only a catback).

So im just looking for people opinions and experiences on this catback

I have already had a good chat to the user "so tred" who is using one on his r34 gtt and he said this about it "It has a really nice sound, deep but not too loud. I find it drones a little doing around 60km..it really is pretty quiet cruising along doing 80km+. People that have heard it say it is alot quieter than theirs. I have absolutely no complaints about it" hes also sent me some links to pics and a link to a video, Thnks for your help mate :mad:

Video:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v396/so_...nt=MOV02496.flv

Pics:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...&album=1336

Any opinions and comments would be much appreciated

Cheers guys

Jason

My mate has one on his STI and its dead silent! It doesn't even have the WRX rumble and when you REV the car its still very quiet. There are defnitely gains but its rather too quiet IMO, on idle its okay, deep and nice.

I would go the normal HKS high power if you want a deep, loud tone.

My mate has one on his STI and its dead silent! It doesn't even have the WRX rumble and when you REV the car its still very quiet. There are defnitely gains but its rather too quiet IMO, on idle its okay, deep and nice.

I would go the normal HKS high power if you want a deep, loud tone.

Thats the thing, The hks high power isnt avaliable in New Zealand anymore (dont have a clue why, something to do with noise levels), my other option was the trust power extreme 2 but that is $600 darer (hks silent high power = $1095, trust power extreme 2 = $1665 "both nz dollars") and i really dont want to spend that kind of money on just a catback.

It dosent sound dead quiet on that video with it on a gtt, which is why i really need peoples opinions and experiences, i dont want an exhaust thats too loud but i dont want it too quiet either.

So i really dont know what else to go for except the silent power.:S

Edited by nizmo_freek

Just like to add that the pre mufflers on this exhaust vary at least from R33 and R34. The R33 uses just a little resonator and as you can see in the pics above the R34 uses a full muffler. I trialled a second hand HKS Silent unit on my car and it was VERY loud! (much much louder than the R34 in the vid) at least 100db (comparable to my prev straight through Apexi system) which resulted in returning it back to the workshop that i purchased it from. So much for a "Silent" exhaust!?

The people that i "might" be getting it from (redline performance in n.z) have told me that hks have quoted the noise level of the hks silent high power at 93db which is not very loud at all, they have stopped selling the hks high power because it was too loud and now only sell the silent power.

Maybe i should just be the test dummy and go and buy it :S

i got one and yeah it does have a slight drone at slow speeds..

with a dump and highflow cat it roars when boost kicks in its not really that silent..depends on ya mods i guess when my car was stock it wasnt waking up neighbours but now i got strata complaining bout it..

i got one and yeah it does have a slight drone at slow speeds..

with a dump and highflow cat it roars when boost kicks in its not really that silent..depends on ya mods i guess when my car was stock it wasnt waking up neighbours but now i got strata complaining bout it..

Thanks for the reply mate :P

Is there any chance you would be able to p.m some pics of it on your car??if you could that would really help me out!

Also what does it sound like??lol its probally a bit hard to explain what it sounds like but any explaination will be helpfull.

Cheers

Ay man,

I have a 98 R33 S2 40th anniversary as well and have that same exhaust fitted... i only just bought the car and it has just come down from Queensland... i haven't picked it up though :( ... however for the few minutes i was driving it up in Queensland, i can tell you, it wasn't as quiet as i expected! but sounded nice..

Cas.

its not the best qual but i have a audio file of it in the street and on dyno from last year..

if ya wanna hear it better grab ignition 1 or 2 or i heard it was on a bonus of the last issue but i dunno

this tha best pic i got without gettin of my ass..

Thanks for that thizzle, really helpfull!

It sounds very good on that 2nd sound clip, do you have a pic of the car straight from the back as it is kind of hard to tell what it looks like from the back (the angle etc), that would really help me out if you could post a pic, but if you dont have one thats sweet

Thanks for the help

Cheers

Edited by nizmo_freek

Bump, im trying to decide between the hks silent high power and the trust power extreme 2 as i can get them for the same price now so i really need some more help.

What are your opinions on the trust power extreme 2? if anyone has any good pics of one on a r33 that they could post up that would be great.

I have an HKS silent hi-power on my R32 GTS-4.

It's louder than stock, with a nice rumble, thought I added a high flow cat and 3 inch split front/dump.

I bought mine through nengun. It took a while, but well worth it.

It's not as loud as some of the other exhausts on RB-20's that I've heard, but it's got a nice, strong note, definately not 'tinny'.

I highly recommend.

Though, I'd also recommend getting a new front/dump, otherwise you may as well just be adding a tip for all the different it'd make.

If you have the cash, get a high flow cat too.

If you REALLY need it, I might be able to get a sound sample of my car, though the RB-20 with front/dump and cat will sound different to an RB-25 with no other exhaust mods, so it's probably no help really.

But if you need any other info, feel free to ask.

I have an HKS silent hi-power on my R32 GTS-4.

It's louder than stock, with a nice rumble, thought I added a high flow cat and 3 inch split front/dump.

I bought mine through nengun. It took a while, but well worth it.

It's not as loud as some of the other exhausts on RB-20's that I've heard, but it's got a nice, strong note, definately not 'tinny'.

I highly recommend.

Though, I'd also recommend getting a new front/dump, otherwise you may as well just be adding a tip for all the different it'd make.

If you have the cash, get a high flow cat too.

If you REALLY need it, I might be able to get a sound sample of my car, though the RB-20 with front/dump and cat will sound different to an RB-25 with no other exhaust mods, so it's probably no help really.

But if you need any other info, feel free to ask.

Mate that would be great if you could get me a sound clip, atleast it would give me a bit of an idea of how it would sound, also would you happen to have any pics?

I will be getting a full stainless 3" dump/front pipe later on and will also be getting a stainless decat pipe made (having no cat is not illegal in N.Z "yet")

Cheers

Well i just bought the hks silent high power, i will try and post up some pics of it tomorow and maybe a video once i have it all fitted up

Cheers for the help guys

Hopefully i wont regret chosing the silent power over the PE2;)

Well i just bought the hks silent high power, i will try and post up some pics of it tomorow and maybe a video once i have it all fitted up

Cheers for the help guys

Hopefully i wont regret chosing the silent power over the PE2;)

How much did that set you back?