SAU Community

R32 Gtr Engine Removal

rob9246

well took us 2.5hrs a new record last weekend, hand tools and no hoist. but we have done it waaaaaay too many times.

there are actually at least 2 threads with tips try a search, I think one might be in the FAQ section. Just make sure when you search you do all post dates not just last 30 days.

Yes you can take the motor out with or without the gearbox, and through the bonnet or out the bottom by dropping the whole subframe.

When i removed mine i was under the impression that you had to remove the transmission first. Thats what the manual said anyhow.

There are a few things that can catch you out like the right side front cv shaft and how you have to push it out from inside the front diff...

Good luck

Deren

Mine took about 6 hours

There was a BBQ and beers though, and a lot of gathering elusive tools i forgot we would need

Should be around 3hrs, we didnt have a hoist either, just a crane and 5 strong guys

We dropped a gearbox out of a 2004 nissan patrol ute on friday.

not the most fun expirience I've ever had. We pulled the 4wd box off first to lighten the load. just make sure you drain all the oils, makes it a little bit lighter. And watch where you put your fingers - I got one crushed between the bellhousing and the flywheel - On the bright side, ill never do it again :P

Cheers

Sumo