SAU Community

Leatherette Gb#2 Orders

Jetdat

AFTER HOURS AND HOURS OF LABOUR ITS ALL DONE BOYS HERE THEY ARE!!!!!!

there are alot of ugly creases which will soon go away, so please dont judge just yet,, i still need to lather them up :(

thought id add a bit of my personal work :happy:

dsc00106ck8.jpg

wat u guys think?

ur boot looks soo good i wana do the same hahaha altho iv already made 2 boxes with leather covers i think urs looks soo much better :( whats under the leather !!

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ur boot looks soo good i wana do the same hahaha altho iv already made 2 boxes with leather covers i think urs looks soo much better :( whats under the leather !!

lol i hope u do something diff because im trying to make my car diff to all the other black r34s around. and because of that i cant tell u to much on wats under the leather lol.

but thanks alot i was worried it didnt look good

Bloody awesome job dude :( those creases are sure to go away with a bit more sun :happy:

and that sub box in the rear looks tops, thinking of doing something similar, but with only one sub, because i need to accomodate a surge tank and twin fuel pumps, awesome job man :)

AFTER HOURS AND HOURS OF LABOUR ITS ALL DONE BOYS HERE THEY ARE!!!!!!

dsc00102gn1.jpg

dsc00103wq9.jpg

dsc00104ig1.jpg

there are alot of ugly creases which will soon go away, so please dont judge just yet,, i still need to lather them up :(

thought id add a bit of my personal work ;)

dsc00106ck8.jpg

wat u guys think?

Bloody awesome job dude :( those creases are sure to go away with a bit more sun :(

and that sub box in the rear looks tops, thinking of doing something similar, but with only one sub, because i need to accomodate a surge tank and twin fuel pumps, awesome job man :happy:

ive actually got the fuel pump and stuff behind the leather sealed away in a box. nice and tidy that way. and its a simple flip of a few clips. and the leather trims come right off

andru your seats covers look loose..you obviously have not done a good job installing them..

i have said over and over again... people take your time and tie the strings very tight and make sure each seat cover is on VERY VERY tight...otherwise they gonna look like seat covers..

if you are not confident doin g the job yourself go find someone who can... since you saved $$$$ in the GB spend a little more and have the job done properly..

andru your seats covers look loose..you obviously have not done a good job installing them..

i have said over and over again... people take your time and tie the strings very tight and make sure each seat cover is on VERY VERY tight...otherwise they gonna look like seat covers..

if you are not confident doin g the job yourself go find someone who can... since you saved $$$$ in the GB spend a little more and have the job done properly..

lol lil harsh there jedat dun u think. i admit im not a pro doing this stuff but i did save myself 600 bux. i know they aint as tight as they should be but preety proud of myself LOL

i tried a number of times to tie them down really tight but i ended up ripping like 2-3 elastic ties and like 4 white ropes

ill try give it another go though jedat.....thx

Edited by anDru

yer i know they aint as tight as they should but i dont exactly have another 600 bux.

if you go thru the first GB thread, some people were saying they got quoted much less than 600...

maybe you should have asked around more...

i know some people payed as little as $150... although that was in QLD i think..

if you go thru the first GB thread, some people were saying they got quoted much less than 600...

maybe you should have asked around more...

i know some people payed as little as $150... although that was in QLD i think..

i highly doubt they got a professional workshop to install their leather seats for 150 no strings attached.

the average labour price is 50-70 p/h

i doubt they did all that within 2 hours, but i hope u can prove me wrong.

because ive rang at least 7 shops all asking for 500+

but if u know any shops who can do it for less, please let me know cuz everyone knows ive been asking in this forum and PMing ppl but nothing.

Edited by anDru

i highly doubt they got a professional workshop to install their leather seats for 150 no strings attached.

the average labour price is 50-70 p/h

i doubt they did all that within 2 hours, but i hope u can prove me wrong.

because ive rang at least 7 shops all asking for 500+

but if u know any shops who can do it for less, please let me know cuz everyone knows ive been asking in this forum and PMing ppl but nothing.

well it does also depend if you wanna take the seats off and take them there so all they are doing is fitting covers rather than pulling seats out..

alternatively, you can take your time and do a good job like many did in the first GB by yourself.

picked up the cover yesterday, it looks awesome.

I have done the passenger seat so far, it looks good and I had only tied up all the elastic black threds, not the white ropes, as I don't want to damage the original trims.

Has anyone done the door trims? I found out it is pretty hard to cut out and stick it on...........any idea?

picked up my covers on thursday... looked exactly like i ordered too. cheers for that Jetdat. many props for all the hard yards you've gone through to get this deal!

rear seats are done... gonna tackle the fronts soon...

anyone got contacts for getting logos put on the seats? need the gtr logo on the front seats...

picked up my covers on thursday... looked exactly like i ordered too. cheers for that Jetdat. many props for all the hard yards you've gone through to get this deal!

rear seats are done... gonna tackle the fronts soon...

anyone got contacts for getting logos put on the seats? need the gtr logo on the front seats...

cheers ula32...good to see you are happy with the covers.. :santa:

i am assuming you are in melb... what part of melb are u?? i will pm you re logos..

andru i didnt wana copy urs exactly 1st cuz im goin yellow n blue second cuz i got diffrent audio stuff to put in .. but by lookin at urs i think im gana cancel what i was doing altho it woulda sounded better in that.. n do somethin like urs cuz looks HEAPS better... thats y i asked what u used !! i go for the VERY UNIQUE LOOK TOO :santa: if u seen my car u know what i mean.. :thumbsup: n ya i realy thing u should try n make them tighter cuz it looks like covers totally. i havnt got mine yet but ill spend a week if i have too to try n make them STICK, id even glue it if i have too >_< lets see what its like when i get them. any of the guys who have done a tight fit wanting to share tips !! would be very good to alla us

i'm in the west subs but will travel.

i've inquired about getting some logos done but some won't do it coz of copyright issues... meh... will keep looking... someone will do it...

cheers ula32...good to see you are happy with the covers.. :santa:

i am assuming you are in melb... what part of melb are u?? i will pm you re logos..

anDru: Your interior will look much, much better if you install the covers properly...

I have a few pics of my old 34's install:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i108/mrgilly/DSC00492.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i108/mrgilly/DSC00499.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i108/mrgilly/DSC00498.jpg

Plan on doing it to my new 34 over the coming weeks

whats news with the postage orders?

just got mine today.. in a word they look awesome!!. ill post some pics when i start installing

update: just finished the bottom part of the rear seat. btw im choosing not to do most of the white strings except for the bits where i don't have to actually sew them through the originals (i used the same gap as the seatbelts)

p1010151xt6.jpg

p1010152me9.jpg

Edited by astina

anDru: Your interior will look much, much better if you install the covers properly...

I have a few pics of my old 34's install:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i108/mrgilly/DSC00492.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i108/mrgilly/DSC00499.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i108/mrgilly/DSC00498.jpg

Plan on doing it to my new 34 over the coming weeks

did u install those urself mrgilly?

im starting to think maybe i should have taken it to the trimmers now lOL.