Leatherette Gb#2 Orders

Jetdat

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup, did it all myself (mate Ozan did his 34 at the same time - pics are from his house). Took a few hours on 2 sundays to do it.

Weapons of choice:

- thick, sharpened wire (cut a piece out of a coathanger)

- crochet hook

- long nose pliers

that look like a PRO JOB dont even look like a cover no more almost :).. is there any more picz of when u were doin it what things u did or more detailed instructions to installing them to look that good ?

looks fab

that look like a PRO JOB dont even look like a cover no more almost ;).. is there any more picz of when u were doin it what things u did or more detailed instructions to installing them to look that good ?

looks fab

I'll dig around, I think I posted all the pics up from working on em and a bit of a guide last time.

This time I'll just spray a bit of contact adhesive on the upper seat piece to finish the job - shouldn't look like covers at all then

ya all the picz are linked to one pic but u can go through the picz by changing the last number or 2 numbers in the address to get the other pics.. would be nice if we can find a link to that gauge uv made, i think mine came in today via mail to perth n continently enough it came while i was dropin my sister to school in the morning n its public holiday tomorrow GRRR what can i say.. the 20 mints of the hole day i wasnt home..

hey thanks jetdat :mellow: got mine today looks good maybe i shoulda chose some more yellow in it as its a lil too dark but its cool ill sort that out :worship: its not as eazy to install as i thought.. unless u want them to look like covers.. !!! any good guaids on installing them !! i got all the seats out but not sure what to do as just puttin them on top of the material isnt realy a good look !! all them strings look confusing !!

for the front seats do we take the actual cover out ? then make the holes for the threads !! what glue shall we use n where dose it need to be glued !! more info on a GOOOD install on front seats please. whats that Crochet Hook n where do u get it from n whats this adhesive spray! and where do we get it from n what is it used for ? sorry for realy dumb questions !! but would be very good to know whats meant to be done..

with the front seats i was trying to poke holes for the white cables to go through but in the r34gtt seats the middle ones cant be poked as there is a peace of mettal at the back end !! anyone actuly tried to take that mettal out to get it done properly if soo how !! i attempted but herd some bad noise !! n thought maybe i should just not bother with them ones !!

Edited by drmafia

i havnt got mine yet but i had an idea last night that if u fellas who dont wanna put big ass needles through ur seats why dont u try us fishing line stead .. prob go for like 9-10 pound line? thin and invisable and u wont need such a huge pin

just ajn idea

trust me, a bigger pin makes it heaps easier to manipulate it's way through the seat. it's not like you're planning on taking the covers off in future is it?

hey thanks jetdat :) got mine today looks good maybe i shoulda chose some more yellow in it as its a lil too dark but its cool ill sort that out >_< its not as eazy to install as i thought.. unless u want them to look like covers.. !!! any good guaids on installing them !! i got all the seats out but not sure what to do as just puttin them on top of the material isnt realy a good look !! all them strings look confusing !!

for the front seats do we take the actual cover out ? then make the holes for the threads !! what glue shall we use n where dose it need to be glued !! more info on a GOOOD install on front seats please. whats that Crochet Hook n where do u get it from n whats this adhesive spray! and where do we get it from n what is it used for ? sorry for realy dumb questions !! but would be very good to know whats ment to be done..

Easiest way to do the fronts is pull the base of the seat out of the metal frame - be careful, lots of sharp edges, I didn't get cut but Ozan did a few times :)

I didn't use adhesive last time but plan on just getting some spray contact stuff to pull it against the seat a bit more. You'll need a stanley knife to cut small holes where the headrests emerge and the seat adjustment controls are on the driver's side.

Make sure you pull everything tight! The strings/elastics need to be very tight (but be careful not to stress any individual cord as the string may snap and the material could possibly pull away from the stitching on the elastic).

When sewing through the seat you'll find it's probably easiest to sit on the ground with the seat on your lap. You'll find the stitching lines up fairly closely to the lines of the original seat, and when you pull the strings through you can test if it's aligned properly.

I'll be doing my next set in May (ordering tomorrow) and will experiment with adhesives etc. Also going to Lee Bros to get the door trimming done (unless anyone knows somewhere better in Brisbane...?)

Finally, whatever you do, don't f**king sit on the front seats out of the car once you have the cover on - very easy to bend the seat base mounts... nothing a hammer doesn't fix, but it's still not a wise thing to do in the first place... :)

HI... I was wondering if someone.. preferrably Jetdat could contact me or let me know what is goign on with my order? I took over Mafia's order, for the black and white complete package set, and was told that it is finished and ready to post, yet i have not heard a single thing from anyone and have no idea what is going on with my order?? I have paid in full and would just like to hear what is happening, and when my covers might be getting posted. I am expecting to see them next week at the latest. Thanks

mrgilly, thanx for the reply but how do i take out the metal bits under the front seats n the metal bit behind the front seats without damaging anything !! the elastics in the middle of the top part of the front seats cant go through as there is a metal bit in the back of the seat.. but the ones from the sides can go ok !! any thoughts or hints ?

Do you have elastics/strings in the upright section of the front seats? Mine never did.

Just crack the solid plastic breakers off from under the seat where the material clips onto the metal... I'll be getting my new set of covers posted to me next Friday so if you can wait til I start installing mine I'll post up pics.

ok im done with the back ones they are prity tight but im thinkin im gana get some glue 2morow n glue them on for that extra tight finish but just wondering if the glue will get a liil too dry n feel a lil weard to sit on !!

the front seats are turning out to be a BITCH to install on r34s so far iv cut every fingure tryina get all the metal off the botom of the seats so i can pass the lil white cables through .. and the back part of the front seats !! im not too sure if i can actuly take it off the seat so i can tighten it up well n poke the holes...

i think we should start a new post for instalation to get through it with some brain storming on idias n tips, iv read through some of the ones from last group buy but most the picz are not workin no more n they kinda not detailing how they did the front seats much.. n sounds like some just used it as covers.. which is what they are but u can make them look much better by getting them on as good as u can.

Edited by drmafia