Leatherette Gb#2 Orders

Jetdat

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Jetdat... I understand that you might be very busy etc... but as the head of this group buy it would be nice if you could atleast acknowledge one of my posts or one of my private messages.... I have paid for mine and was told that they are sitting in the shop ready to post... So can you please either give me the phone number of the place so i can ring for myself or could you please find out what the hold up is... If you have any problems or are unsure of my postal address please contact me and let me know. I notice that you always reply to anyone who posts pics or comments regarding having received theirs and to those that are fitting theirs... but what about us guys who have paid and are still waiting...... Cheers

Sorry to be a bug, but its just alot of money out of pocket to have no idea what is going on with it.

hey champ..

i am terribly sorry for missing your posts..honest mistake.. but i can assure you i have no pms from you at all...are you sure u are sending them to me??

if you want to email your address details and your full name to jetdat at hotmail.com i will check to see where yours are at..

again i do apologise, but no pms ever received from you..

jetdat, i will go to the bank tomorrow and check out how much exactly and when i transfered the money into the account to get the covers done, as you already know i want to add the front seats in black leather with red double stitching to my original order of just rear black leather with red double stitching. cheers, Joe.

Cheers Joe..

Keep me updated mate

I feel ya mate, when your installing them im sure it will be vice versa .. a few words here and then a big humf and walk away in discust .. many beers later atempting again ..

story short .. i cant wait for em but man im guna bitch and moun when i get em haha

DECIM8, yours are ready and being dispatched shortly..

As is yours The Mafia.. your old order has been sent out already to the new owner..

User: siknis

Car: 1994 BMW E36 318is COUPE!(very important its coupe)

PACKAGE DEAL

Front Seats: M012 (ivory), double stitching M012 (ivory)

Rear Seats: M012 (ivory), double stitching M012 (ivory)

Wrinkle Front: yes

Wrinkle Rear: yes

Logo Embossing Front: No!

Logo Embossing Rear: No!

Handbrake Boot: Yes, M012 (ivory), double stitching M012 (ivory)

Gear Stick Boot: Yes, M012 (ivory), double stitching M012 (ivory)

Door Trims: Yes, M012 (ivory)

Centre Console: Yes, M012 (ivory) with M012 (ivory) double stitching

Parcel Shelf: Yes, M012 (ivory) with M012 (ivory) double stitching

Postage: delivery

i have a few quick questions i'd like to have answerd before i deposit my money, would it be best to ring ultimate or should i talk to you jetdat via pm

also, has the 20 people quota been reached? meaning that i wont have to wait for more people to come before i can recive my covers?

thanks very much,

dim

yes we are over 20..once the payment is cleared they will start making your covers..any question post here or pm or email me :P

cheers

Hey

went and got my covers today and they seem to look good ... havent had a chance to have a good look at them just quite yet ...

Anyways was wondering what type (brands etc) of adhesive people were using for the doors and on the seat ... is any type of contact adhesive from like autobarn ok ?

Oh also started taking off the old covers but then half way i didnt know whether that was such a good idea ...

just wondering mrgilly and drmafia or anyone else did you just install over the orginal or did you remove them first

Thanks

Edited by thesaint

^^ yeah i went to autobarn today and picked up soome K and H contact adhesive ... I havent had a chance to use it though but will let you know how it goes when i get around to it

I decided in the end not to take off original covers to be on the safe side just in case something happened down the road or i decided on doing something else with my interior ... also if I find that they begin to slip (which they shouldnt) ill pull the covers off (old and new) then reinstall the whole thing whilst also using glue, its just i didnt do it initially as i thought it wasnt necessary as there are white strings in all the right places to make it hold well

which brings me to ... pull the white strings through!!! ... it makes an outstanding difference to the final outcome.. follow the contours of the seat and line them up well (might take a couple of attempts and give you sore fingers from pushing the needle through so many times) but it is well worth it

also are there anyone else who has not received their covers????

please post in here or email/pm me..

Thanks for all your help Jetdat

Mine are almost in my country :0 they are at Melbourne airport at the moment

AUSTRALIA NEW ZEALAND Your item arrived at the international processing centre in MELBOURNE at 22:33 on 04 May 2007, and is ready for processing.

Detailed Report for: EQ003440409AU

Date Time Location Service Area Check Point Details

May 4, 2007 22:3343 AUSTRALIA - MELBOURNE Received and ready for processing.

May 3, 2007 16:0841 AUSTRALIA - NARRE WARREN SOUTH - LPO Item accepted

damn, so excited can't wait to test these out :teehee:

Wow, fast as shipping :whistling:

apparently they have arrived at my house already :S 11am today :S

Can't wait to see them, will post pics up tomorrow

Thanks for all your help Jetdat

Mine are almost in my country :0 they are at Melbourne airport at the moment

AUSTRALIA NEW ZEALAND Your item arrived at the international processing centre in MELBOURNE at 22:33 on 04 May 2007, and is ready for processing.

Detailed Report for: EQ003440409AU

Date Time Location Service Area Check Point Details

May 4, 2007 22:3343 AUSTRALIA - MELBOURNE Received and ready for processing.

May 3, 2007 16:0841 AUSTRALIA - NARRE WARREN SOUTH - LPO Item accepted

damn, so excited can't wait to test these out :P

i just asked the lady at wasalvage to give me an adhersive that for this kinda application it was the only one in the paint section not sure the name n iv finished the 2 i bought... only advice is be generous n give it a lil time to dry n pull it well .. try makein the holes at the right places or u get some pull marks too.

about the covers, i started stripping the original n noticed that it takes a little bit of the foam outa the seat which makes it not look too cool anymore when u cover it so stoped that at a very very early stage b4 anythin f**ks up.. i did a lil bit of an over kill tho spent lots of time n stripped every seat to bits even the fronts.. that actuly cut me up a fair bit :whistling: good luck with it.. GRRR but end results are nice n no one so far has said anythin about them beein a cover even when i tell them they are like no !!! haha

ya pulled the middle console too its tight n nice now :P mint condition stuff n feels nice just hope since i picked all black i dont sweat alot in summer :) but so far happy

Im a little pissed with these covers.. So far ive done the back seats..

The right hand side of the back bottom cover was nothing to be excited about.. two of the white strings came out when I was pulling the needle onto the string .. ! no hard force! Then the whole stitching on the back (thank god it was back) with the black strings attached to it .. ripped away from the leatherette. Under force yes.. but not more than the rest of the seat!

what can be done about this? I can live with it but im assuming if a few people sit on it a few times its going to go bye byes!

Doing the fronts and rest today .. well see how they fair

Also on the point .. how do you remove the interior facia on the pannels I removed the whole pannel from the wall but seems you need just to lift away the pannel .. can it just be popped off? wtf am i going to slide behind it but not cut it to lift it away?

Edited by DECIM8

oh weird, mine seem to be ok, the string seems to be very strong, i will be using Selleys Kwik grip water based adhesive though

meant to be the best for installing vinyl covers

I'll do my fronts this weekend and my rears, when i buy my new rear seats

did anyone elses come with the Ultimate label sticked onto the outside of the seat?

It's not too bad, although i might rip mine off, because it's white and sticks out like a sore thumb

Im a little pissed with these covers.. So far ive done the back seats..

The right hand side of the back bottom cover was nothing to be excited about.. two of the white strings came out when I was pulling the needle onto the string .. ! no hard force! Then the whole stitching on the back (thank god it was back) with the black strings attached to it .. ripped away from the leatherette. Under force yes.. but not more than the rest of the seat!

what can be done about this? I can live with it but im assuming if a few people sit on it a few times its going to go bye byes!

Doing the fronts and rest today .. well see how they fair

Also on the point .. how do you remove the interior facia on the pannels I removed the whole pannel from the wall but seems you need just to lift away the pannel .. can it just be popped off? wtf am i going to slide behind it but not cut it to lift it away?

for the fascia, do you mean the door card and the card for the rear panel?

that are glued on fabric?

I'll be recovering both of mine and sticking the new ones over the top

but for the old ones, i think you use rubbing alcohol or something similar to remove the glue?

let it soak for a bit and it should just peel off, mine came off easier because it had melted in the sun