SAU Community

Eastern Creek Skid Pan Day!

NYTSKY

Hi guys and gals,

I am in the process of organising a wet skid pan day at Eastern Creek.

The day will comprise of half day skid car control.Lunch. and half day motokhana.(on the same day ofcoarse)

9am to 5pm.

There are 10 places available.And the cost will be $220

Date is not finalized as the head instructor James Stewart is still finding out dates,But most probably in the first 2 weeks in January.

This will be a great day out.You will learn a great deal about car control and also have a great time on the skid pan.

Did i say GREAT :)

I will be editing this post frequently so keep your eyes out.

Kind Regards

Dave

Edited by NYTSKY

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm interested but keen to know what kind of stuff we will be doing? not interested in practicing stopping, avoiding deer etc. I would be interested if you are doing slide control, figure 8 etc.

Ok the first part of the day will be learning how to control "loss of control" car coming in to a turn, back end breaking traction and the driver trying to recover.The level of speed will increase per run.Second part is

Motokhana,a coarse is laid out with cones(like on the dutton rally) objective is to drive the coarse,and beat other peoples times.Im sure there will be alot of taily action.But i must stress.This day is not just about becoming keiichi tsuchia.This is for people who want to learn car control.

I will try and make it a saturday.

This isnt like a driver training coarse.The instructors are there to guide and explain things.

I wanted to hire the pan out privately but id have to go thru the hassal of getting liability insurance and stuff.The way im setting it up is that im going thru the instructors so the insurance is all taken care of.James Stewart (head instructor) kindly helped me out.So to sum up its like having the pan to ourselves but with professional supervision and a little tutorlidge from the experts.

Edited by NYTSKY

Im pretty sure its all wet.And yes we will have it all to ourselves :P

As for a final date i wont know till later on this week.

But just to update i now have two confirmed going,an xr6t and a wrx club spec5.

If there is alot of people wanting to go they will allow up to 16 cars,but this also means less time on the skid pan for each driver.Thats why id like to keep it to 10 cars.

Im pretty sure its all wet.And yes we will have it all to ourselves :)

As for a final date i wont know till later on this week.

But just to update i now have two confirmed going,an xr6t and a wrx club spec5.

If there is alot of people wanting to go they will allow up to 16 cars,but this also means less time on the skid pan for each driver.Thats why id like to keep it to 10 cars.

cool so am i in! :D

how meny cars are in so far? just the two?

add a bad ass r33 to that list lol

Ok everyone its a done deal.The date has been finalised for the 6th of january.PM me if you are a definate and i will send you a booking form.Just fill out the form and send it to James Stewart at driving solutions.

Put the word out to your mates about this day.It will be great fun.Also i have been told that all applications must be in by XMAS because of catering reasons.Any probs just PM me and i will try to answer all your questions.

CHEERS

Dave :glare: