SAU Community

Eastern Creek Skid Pan Day!

NYTSKY

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I am keen for this... hope u guys don't mind an Evo amongst the mix??? I was put onto this event by Snowman from the evolutionoz.net forums. I'm looking for some skid pan & motorkana events asap coz i'm doing the dutton national series and need some practice.

Let me know asap if there's still a place for me and i'll eft the cash to you straight away.

btw, i'll be doing a trackday at Wakefield the day before (fri 5th jan) so if any of u guys r keen on some track work u should come along - it's an open track day. I'll be staying at wakefield on-site accom on the thurs night.

cheers

Hi guys the day is almost upon us.And im bloody excited.

All people attending please meet at the driver training room opposite the medical centre at 8:45am SHARP! Entrance at gate 7.

Tire pressures should be set no lower than 32psi(mine is 36psi all the time)

Check oil,water and fuel levels are correct.

Casual clothing with regard to weather conditions.When its hot at the creek its really hot.And when its cold its really cold.

Here is a skyline on eastern creek skid pan if this wont wet your appetite then nothing will :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dave for putting on a spectacular day. All that wild skid pan action!! Even if I had to get the GT-R towed after it died on the last 360 of the day to Grant's. With two expert mechanics at work Grant and his dad soon isolated the problem as fuel related. Some further investigation indicated that the pump was not getting power. A second check of the fuse box indicated - you guessed it - the fuse was blown!! Wish I had figured out that that out before the $140 tow...

Just for the record the quickest car their was an Mick's EVO 9 with semi slicks although the AWD could not keep up in the woooah stakes with dave showing how a FR sound be driven!!

Mick, If I can get some of that footage from you camera, that would be great. Happy to pay for the CD-R.

Anyway thanks again for a great day and to Grant for offering me his garage to get the car fixed.

Andrew

Guys I will see if I can stick all the footage I have on Utube this week sometime.

I am new to u tube so I am not sure but I'll try.

Dave thanks for organizing the day. I had an absolute ball. I learned a lot about my car that I had no idea about before.

Edited by RedDrifter

Thanks Dave for putting on a spectacular day. All that wild skid pan action!! Even if I had to get the GT-R towed after it died on the last 360 of the day to Grant's. With two expert mechanics at work Grant and his dad soon isolated the problem as fuel related. Some further investigation indicated that the pump was not getting power. A second check of the fuse box indicated - you guessed it - the fuse was blown!! Wish I had figured out that that out before the $140 tow...

Just for the record the quickest car their was an Mick's EVO 9 with semi slicks although the AWD could not keep up in the woooah stakes with dave showing how a FR sound be driven!!

Mick, If I can get some of that footage from you camera, that would be great. Happy to pay for the CD-R.

Anyway thanks again for a great day and to Grant for offering me his garage to get the car fixed.

Andrew

Good to see that it wasn't to serious mate. The 360 did look the stuff though.

Yeh i can safely say that was the most fun ive had with my pants on.Its amazing how much you can learn about you car in one day.Especially if i need to drift out of a rounda bout and do a 180 reverse park into a car spot. :(

dude i'll do it asap but it will be weeks not days coz im seriously under tjhe gu at the moment

was a great day! i really enjoyed myself thanks dave