SAU Community

4wd Beats 2wd

Adz2332

thats not entirely true torque is sent based on G sensors also i notice sumtimes with mine gts4 i will just all of a sudden round corners @ speed just shift torque to the front for no apparent reason i certainly havnt broken traction in the rear

yeah thats correct - ATTESSA kind of "anticipates" traction loss if that makes sense. Some other awd systems only engage the fronts after the rears start slipping, but ATTESSA is a step ahead of that.

And then you have the always on 50-50 split awd systems which I look at and think its not exactly genius...and it uses more fuel all the time (more wear and more stress on the whole drivetrain all the time) just for that rare chance that you might accelerate too hard on a wet road....

Thats why I love nissan's AWD so much - its suited to almost all driving situations. :P

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah thats correct - ATTESSA kind of "anticipates" traction loss if that makes sense. Some other awd systems only engage the fronts after the rears start slipping, but ATTESSA is a step ahead of that.

And then you have the always on 50-50 split awd systems which I look at and think its not exactly genius...and it uses more fuel all the time (more wear and more stress on the whole drivetrain all the time) just for that rare chance that you might accelerate too hard on a wet road....

Thats why I love nissan's AWD so much - its suited to almost all driving situations. :P

couldny agree more and the rear still gets ahppy when you want it too .. but we dont do that :):P

oh didnt realise we were on the track lets add more boost :P

but to anwser Adz2332's question

Does u guys 2wd cars struggle against the 4wd cars? wspecially over short distances and off the line? And seeing as the car i choose to buy wont be dragged down the 1/4mile much, if ever, just at the lights wouldnt a 4wd kill a 2wd?

hypothetically if it was trafic light to trafic light GTS4 or GTR will win

naw they dont bog down u need to know how to do a slip launch as opposed to a HARD launch

and there really isnt heaps lost through the transfer case as mentioned maybe 10-15 kw

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3yKMpMjfqss

when i do take of the sound gets out of sync notice its only 1st to 2nd hence no speeding on public roads

Edited by Madaz

3" straight from dump hollow cat and thats it twin 4" cannons i dont belife canons muffle exhaust :P i may be wrong

EDIT

found a GTR having a play

2nd edit :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnVWJO8R7uo&NR

LOOK for the 1:30 mark the stagea gets a huge half tack sideways action :) RB26 boosting

Edited by Madaz