SAU Community

R34 Gtr 2j Conversion

s2krazy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent idea, but looks pretty poorly executed.

I'd love to see it done properly in a car that rivals the RB26 Top Secret Supra in quality. I bet none of you had a cry about that car and why did they do the swap, to be different and have LESS torque for easier traction :wave:

2JZ>RB26, has to be said.

Apparently there is a car in Japan that runs 2JZ-GE AWD, now if you could source one of these, adapt the sump up to a GTE, and put a Supra V160 Getrag bellhousing on the R34 getrag THAT would be doing it right.

Pity the bodywork is terrible. Shit it doesn't even look like the fuel cap would open, the lip above the guard looks like it overlaps the fuel cap.

Dan.

Edited by Sicarius123

I think you're referring to the the Aristo's (GS300), pretty sure there was an AWD variant.

Eitherway, putting odd engines in odd cars is a task and a half and I respekt anyone who has the willpower to see it through. Having driven a 2JZGTE supra, I can definately say I would love to have that torque in my 32!

I think you're referring to the the Aristo's (GS300), pretty sure there was an AWD variant.

Eitherway, putting odd engines in odd cars is a task and a half and I respekt anyone who has the willpower to see it through. Having driven a 2JZGTE supra, I can definately say I would love to have that torque in my 32!

Yea, I think there is a chaser variant too, 2JZ-GE AWD.

Dan.

The idea is Awesome. But I agree that its a shit idea to ruin a AWD car just to fit a FAR SUPERIOR ENGINE They should have left the Nissan engine if they couldn't be bothered getting the AWD to work. That said, any RWD Nissan deserves a 2JZ or even a 1JZ.

T060809A-5693.jpg

12.5 @ 115mph, stock ECU, stock turbos stock auto.

BTW anyone wanting to fit a 2JZ with stock turbos in a Nissan PM me. I have a special dump and front pipe that crosses under the engine and re routes to the passenger side. It has good ground clearance. I am upgrading to a single turbo and won't need it. (top dump section has since been HPC coated in silver)

Far superior engine and you ran 12.5? My near stock R33 series 2 with a CATBACK exhaust, Cheap Highflow, Unknown Remap and 13 Psi ran a 12.5 at 116 mph. PLUS I did it on super low profile 18 inch street tyres not slicks like you have shown. RB POWER baby, and I drifted the shit outta it all the time too.

I think thats actually a GTT skyline with Widebody panels and the Ugly Blitz Fender kit. beleive me ive seen that in real life on a GTR and its one ugly peice of plastic.

If not that it could be a GTR that had the front end written off and motor damaged.

Far superior engine and you ran 12.5? My near stock R33 series 2 with a CATBACK exhaust, Cheap Highflow, Unknown Remap and 13 Psi ran a 12.5 at 116 mph. PLUS I did it on super low profile 18 inch street tyres not slicks like you have shown. RB POWER baby, and I drifted the shit outta it all the time too.

I think thats actually a GTT skyline with Widebody panels and the Ugly Blitz Fender kit. beleive me ive seen that in real life on a GTR and its one ugly peice of plastic.

If not that it could be a GTR that had the front end written off and motor damaged.

Right, a 12.5 @ 116 in a "near stock" R33??

According to the drag calculator at http://www.dragsource.com/index.php?navsel...mp;calctoview=4 and also using http://www.golenengineservice.com/html/calculators.html calculators, estimating an R33 has a weight of 1500kg (3306lb), to run a 12.5 @ 116 would require approximately 402.7rwhp or 300rwkw. Wow! I never knew those rb25's produced such cheap power, maybe I should go buy me 2!

more info on this car??? the thing i want to know is, is it still 4wd?????

kamikazeR33, i'm afraid im going to have to dissagree with u there, 2JZ>RB26

this has been discussed in the performanceforums and u can pretty much garuantee its a gtt with a 2j transplant

thats a great conversion if they retained the 4wd, and how do u guys know they havent? i dont think fitting the gtr sump upto the 2jz would be that hard with an adaptor plate same as they do to rb30s. i'd go a 2jz over rb26 anyday of the year ;) why have a built motor for 600hp+ when u can run stock internals and do it easy :P checkout the yank supraforums and u guys will start to realise the 2jz is alot stronger than the 26's in holding big power. ive got a jun 2.7L rb26 so dont think im against 26s at all i just know the money i spent i could of got a stock 2jz and made the same power with a monster turbo and 1/4 of the $$$.

i've measured up the 2j to see how it'd bolt into a gtr (32) and i can say it would take ALOT of modifying and custom bits to adapt the gtr sump onto the 2j block, as the 2j block is stepped, and the front is 130mm wider than the gtr block. also the other problem is the belhousing, however u can overcome that by running a 6 speed getrag, and swapping front sections between a supra getrag and a gtr getrag, costly but could be done.

if someone was to do a awd 2j in a gtr, u'd be better off making a sump from scratch, or just 'cut & shut' the front diff onto the 2j sump.

RB30.

That is all.

i've got an rb2630 in my 32 gtr, and i want a 2j/26, only reason being the 2j can rev out WAY more than the rb26/30, but researching whats involved in doing such a conversion, its a complete and utter waste of moeny, for the benefit of the outcome :)

As someone said before, where in the modifying world was it required for that guy to give a toss what any of you think?

Im going to buy a Landcruiser and put in an Rb26, put the 2H 6 cylinder diesel into the Skyline and tow a boat with it just to annoy you all :P

Edited by SoFreshSoClean

I currently live and work in Dubai,

and to be honest I haven't seen any skylines/supra's etc.

I live in the Bur Dubai area if that helps.

To bad my cars are stuck in oz because the RHD :P

Cheers

Josh

hey man i live in Dubai too - and this is true about what hes saying. reason is all the modified jap GTrs and supras are in the "poorer" emirates such as UAQ, RAK, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah. Dubai has the modified exotics by HAmann, Gemballa, the Mirage GT, Enzos, Zondas, Gallardos etc. Its harder to get the jap cars registered in Dubai as well.

www.toprpm.com this website shows some of the hardest jap cars in the UAE - particularly the top secret supras and GTRs etc.

Awesum idea,

Poorly executed.

I think u closed minded Nissan lovers like ure RB26's too much

from what i have been reading on here and other forums, it is you 2JZ owners come out here and try to bag the shit out of nissans....

i am man enough to admitt 2jz is a better designed engine...no one has put a dispute on that...

why do u have to keep doing this?

i guess not only Holden drivers have problems with GTRs/Nissans...

Right, a 12.5 @ 116 in a "near stock" R33??

According to the drag calculator at http://www.dragsource.com/index.php?navsel...mp;calctoview=4 and also using http://www.golenengineservice.com/html/calculators.html calculators, estimating an R33 has a weight of 1500kg (3306lb), to run a 12.5 @ 116 would require approximately 402.7rwhp or 300rwkw. Wow! I never knew those rb25's produced such cheap power, maybe I should go buy me 2!

Macross I can assure you that everyone in Vic knows what my R33 was running it wasnt making even near 300 kw at the wheels and people have watched it and I even have the video of it running a 12.5. Its called a Capable driver. Stock injectors, stock dump pipe, stock blow off valve.

Since when did R33 weigh 1500 kgs

Macross I can assure you that everyone in Vic knows what my R33 was running it wasnt making even near 300 kw at the wheels and people have watched it and I even have the video of it running a 12.5. Its called a Capable driver. Stock injectors, stock dump pipe, stock blow off valve.

VLT exec 1295kgs

ECR33 gts25t TypeM 1360kgs

:sweat:

Your 12.5 with a FMIC zaust, up boost, remappy?, u didnt say u had stock turbo?, does seem highly unbelievable.... is there something ur not telling us? :O

Just guessed a figure as I wasn't sure of exact weight. I'm not saying you didn't run that time, I'm saying the chance of you running that time with only what you listed was highly unlikely, a capable driver can't even come close to running the car 100% perfectly down the 1/4, so potentially your saying that a 12.5 @ 116mph isn't even the best a "mildly" modified r33 can do, I'm sure you can see the issue here, if the rb25 was so capable with such little modifications, why didn't they just use this instead of the rb26 in the gtr's?