SAU Community

R34 Gtr 2j Conversion

s2krazy

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you thought bout stroker kits for supra? ,what bout 3.4lt kit from american brand 'Titan' for supra, or 3.4lt from HKS, these would increase torque and power levels beyond of what any RB engine can pump out.

Its true bout what people have said bout its job, being poorly executed, maybe Top Secret might should'ev done it, this idea, they did it with a supra, with RB26.

Why not? awesome car with an awesome engine?

i love nissans and even i will admit that the 2JZGTE totally f*cking PWNS any nissan engine.

1000hp off standard internals? holyshit!

They are awesome engines coupled with an awesome car.

I would just like to stir the pot a little. Where was the MIGHTY 2JZ when the Gibson Racing R32 GTR's were absolutely destroying the V8's and for that fact everything else around Bathurst in the early 1990's?

Has the mighty Supra ever set a production car lap record around the Nurnburgring? Stock standard?

Hmm let me think about that one for a minute... Which car has more heritage? The whale or the racing car that was banned for being too fast... If you live your life a quarter mile at a time then go buy a fully sick supra. I used to dream about owing a Skyline as a kid and now I have one and I dont give a s**t if a supra is faster in a 10 second run.

Edited by Chris_R33GTSt

Hmm let me think about that one for a minute... Which car has more heritage? The whale or the racing car that was banned for being too fast....

fairly common misconception there.

the entire group A series was axed.

they didnt just ban the GTR's.

Edited by scandyflick

I would just like to stir the pot a little. Where was the MIGHTY 2JZ when the Gibson Racing R32 GTR's were absolutely destroying the V8's and for that fact everything else around Bathurst in the early 1990's?

Has the mighty Supra ever set a production car lap record around the Nurnburgring? Stock standard?

Hmm let me think about that one for a minute... Which car has more heritage? The whale or the racing car that was banned for being too fast... If you live your life a quarter mile at a time then go buy a fully sick supra. I used to dream about owing a Skyline as a kid and now I have one and I dont give a s**t if a supra is faster in a 10 second run.

The topic went to Motor VS Motor, champ. Not complete car around the Nurnburgring.

Who gives a shit about heritage. You make out like mass production GTR’s are some super rare race thoroughbred ‘s.

I have nothing against Skylines, or Nissans in fact. I’ve owned 6 of the damn things over a period of 4 years and enjoyed every moment, the fact is the 1jz and the 2jz are a far better engineered motor from factory, respond to bolt on mod’s better and are cable of producing more power on stock internals.

2jz @ 1000hp wont last long, ask any of th supra guys, though a little milder tune will see far more power standing the test of time than the 2.6 .

keep awd the 2jz pawns the rb26, wieght is comparable (block), power across the rev range and mods require for continuous high rpm easily pawned. sequential twins as opposed to non-"twin scoll" manifold setup is simply better spool + power across the range. injector sizing, cams, (specifially the vvti <97+>), and the bigger brakes 95+ owns.

unladen wieght is slightly more... but not much more and when you add mods and therefore "generally" more wieght its generally the same.. unless your building an all out track weapon and spend some $$$ on lighter bolt ons.

power to wieght and general street work with part time track use the 2jz owns... as is the consensus here.

2jz + awd would be an interesting car but as said .... EXPENSIVE !!

p.s. 2jz @ wot sounds like sex

2jz > rb26

but the 2.6 is nothing to sneeze @ either eh. not a worth while swap $$$ wise but far more easily livable on the street while making comparable power with less $$$ spent not counting the conversion costs eh ?

this thread is hilarious!!

you have most of the nissan hating the 2J saying the 26 is better

you have some nissan guys respecting the 2J knowing it is superior to the 26

$ for $, the 2J will always come out on top of the 26

strokers, built bottomends, everything

the 2J will always make more power and torque

im sure that if you put the 2J into the gtr and kept 4wd then it would sh1t all over anything!!

its something im looking at doing in the near future but not to a 34, prob a 33

a 3.4lt 2J with a 88-90mm turbo 4wd GTR would be 1 awesome car!!

also, as to power output, the 2J lives easily on 800rwhp on std internals

im currently building a 2J for my VL but with a built head and bottomend

every1 knows that the 2j is better

also, i love the conversion, its different but it could have been done alot better!!

There are plenty of 10 second RB25 GTS-T. in Australia, more out there than GTRs I know for certain. Plus easy 11s with my Mods? Yeah tool and its 4WD so its idiot Proof.

Would you care to explain why a 25 is so inferior? I suppose RB30s are inferior as well. Thats why they run 8 second passes as well with a single cam head.

Explanation : RB26DETT GTR's that Run in the 7's, HKS R33 GTR, Heat Treatment R32 GTR, Veilside R32 GTR, Duke Racing R33 GTR.

to put in simple terms since you are so thick 7 is qucker than an 8

PS YOU ARE A DICKHEAD

Explanation : RB26DETT GTR's that Run in the 7's, HKS R33 GTR, Heat Treatment R32 GTR, Veilside R32 GTR, Duke Racing R33 GTR.

to put in simple terms since you are so thick 7 is qucker than an 8

PS YOU ARE A DICKHEAD

compare those "7 sec gtr's" to the drag supras over in the states running 6's. the supras that run 8's are full trim, street driven. those 7 sec gtr's are stripped, carbon everything etc.

get your facts right before u go flaming people :P

compare those "7 sec gtr's" to the drag supras over in the states running 6's. the supras that run 8's are full trim, street driven. those 7 sec gtr's are stripped, carbon everything etc.

get your facts right before u go flaming people :thumbsup:

Sorry but wasn't he talking about GTST's/GTT's and VL's? Not Supra's?

Dan.

What a ridiculous thing to do. IMO if you are buying an R34 GTR you buy it for the package and the fact that it is a R34 GTR and that it comes as with the RB26 which is already a capable motor. I can see that sort of conversion fitting well in a R32 GTR but in a R34 GTR it is just stupid. People with too much money I say.

Also I am an RB proud person but there is no justifications behind anyone's comment who think that a RB26 can produce more bang for buck that what a 2JZ motor could. Maybe they should do a XR6 turbo conversion into a GTR :thumbsup:

get your facts right before u go flaming people :wave:

Im not talking about Supra's

How about you put some glasses on and get YOUR facts right quickdraw :laugh:

as they said in "Bad Boys"

"back the fcuk up, put the gun(s) down, and get me a packet of tropical fruit bubbalicious"

Everyone take a chill pill

That car is fcuking ugly.

1JZ 2JZ RB26 etc - who cares?

give me a M5 V10 and let's play supercharger.

hahahahahaha... is it juz me or has the topic totaly changed... i think a 2jz in a 34gtr trim would b the ultimate street car... from the pics the job looks pretty crap but maybe they already got the car that way and since it was half ruinned they thought let try something different..

i love skylines but it is common fact that 2jz and 1jz are cheaper and better engines then rb26 / 25... but for me the overall benefits of puttin a 2jz into a gtr would be hardly worth the $$$ or the hastle... but then again these guys obviously dont care about that... i actually read an article in zoom a few months ago where a guy had a 2jz lying around so he chucked it into his r32 gtst.. and now he runs easy 9s in a full trim street car with fairly mild mods (for a 9 sec car)... i guess if u got the $$$ and the means to do it then go for it but i know if i had the $$$ i would just buy a mine's gtr from japan and im sure i b more then happy...