SAU Community

Nintendo Wii

SKYLVIA

no champ

i mean the N64... i have no idea how much the GC was on release or i would have written the GC of which i didnt bother buying... however i did buy a N64 on release day... which was more then what the Wii is hence my point that people are waiting cause of the price when its cheaper then the N64 which was 2 console releases (what... 10 years?) back

i played both on my mates (he has both consoles), i dont know how u can say the gfx is the same... its much sharper on the Wii... maybe its cause he has a HDTV and is using component?

was the N64 really more than $400? what a rip off. i never got one cause Playstation pwnd 64.

and yeah the GFX are exactly the same, its been stated from nintendo, i read it on IGN i think. tis abit of a shame, although GC had best GFX of the ps2/xbox/GC gen systems, so i guess its not that bad... wouldve liked to see more of an improvement of GFX for a zelda release though...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

XBOX had the best graphics of the last generation.

Gamecube twlight princess also isn't in widescreen unlike the wii version.

The graphics are slightly better on Wii than on GCN.

Component cables are alright on the wii but nothing amazing. The console just doesn't have the ability to push out high res textures.

We are getting our second shipment of Wii's in about a fortnights time.

Component cables are alright on the wii but nothing amazing. The console just doesn't have the ability to push out high res textures.

theyre not meant to

either way its not the graphics that make a console great. PS2 had the worst GFX out of all the last gen systems, but the games were the best. which made it the winner of the last gen battle. i guess it also depends on the developers/producers of the game, for example, Rockstar never seem to have great graphics (GTA is still good even though the graphics arent the best) but then you like at what Square-enix has done with Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts (mainly the movie sequences) best graphics ive ever seen in a game ever.

i think nintendo will do aite with the Wii, aslong as they make games to please all audiences.

OK I've jus spent all weekend looking for one to no avail... anyone know anywhere that has them still in stock that is not practicing the art of extortion either?

My bro just found one! Last one in the shop. I didnt even pre order and some people who have still dont have it hehe :teehee:

Any idea if you can take it back for a refund after it has been opened? My Mum got one for my brother and he doesnt want it - lots of $ for something that will just sit around.

He played it for 1 hr today and got sick of it.

We got:

Console

2nd Remote and nun-chuck

GT racing game.

Think it was over $630 all up, what should we expect to get it now that it is open with 1hr game play?

Does it lose LOTS of value as soon as the plastic is opened? Still has FULL warranty and all from EB games, i think for 1 year (minus about a week cos thats when we bought it)

not sure if that works for consoles though, ive tried that before.

but then again its christmas, and there would be heaps of people returning gifts that were unwanted, should be fine

Yep returned it to the shop today, money back, no questions asked.

The guy said he could resell it within 5 minutes.

Had one for a week or so

Have to send it back now - wouldnt connect to wiiconnect24, rang nintendo this morning and they are sending me a replacement

Other than that its been a fantastic machine, lots of interaction - graphics arent as good as 360 but imo its more fun

Just waiting for some more titles to be released now :P

I was giving it a shot on SAt last week @ a mates...

Playing Tennis, on the game thing that comes with it.

Graphics arent the best, but by god its a lot of fun and that totally makes up for it

Get a few people around, have a few beers and a few laughs while you play.

Its more of a social console, and my shoulder was actually sore after about 30mins straight of Wii Tennis... and the character movement is a pisser.

Gets the thumbs up from me.

I picked 1 up just before christmas thanks to this great girl at Dick Smith Powerhouse (Fountain gate)..

The sports games ar a great deal of fun. Also get the Monster 4x4 game it comes with the stearing wheel

Good value for money for me. 2 thumbs up

I want to buy one after playing it today. Will be awesome to have some mates around and play. Like the MUCH gayer Eye Toy, the Wii is as much about watching others play as it is playing it yourself.

SOMEONE FIND ME ONE NOW!!!

I want to buy one after playing it today. Will be awesome to have some mates around and play. Like the MUCH gayer Eye Toy, the Wii is as much about watching others play as it is playing it yourself.

SOMEONE FIND ME ONE NOW!!!

Ill sell you mine for $600 :)

Have fun waiting till Feb ! :P