SAU Community

Nintendo Wii

SKYLVIA

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any injuries/crazy stories yet? I haven't let the remote fly out of my hand yet (like some fools have) but I have smacked the roof with the remote.

I was playing bowling in a room with a low roof. Anyways I wound my arm back to put heaps of powah into my throw and then BAM! The remote was fine but, no damage done. Playing three player tennis with my brothers has also resulted in a few 'accidental' punches as well as smashing things that are within the immediate vicinity. :)

if you havent seen it already or read my previous post... go laugh and make fun of fat stupid americans with no motor skills.

www.wiihaveaproblem.com

someone liked the Wii more :Phttp://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/show_article.php?id=136

also... i still only have the sports games and im still entertained :) got it just before xmas and havent regretted it... me and a mate stayed up until 4 am last weekend drinking and playing golf. When i get paid next week im going to get some other games for it... Zelda for sure and not sure what else.

great console... wont even bother with a PS3 until maybe 2009 when its around the same price as the Wii is now... if we're lucky.

only problem is why I'm not rushing to get a wii I can see a big gap between the launch titles drying up and anything else decent coming out.. you're going to be playing the same games for the next 6 months :happy:

It's good fun with beers and things, but then you get sick of moving around.. and just start lazily flicking the controller around on the couch

only problem is why I'm not rushing to get a wii I can see a big gap between the launch titles drying up and anything else decent coming out.. you're going to be playing the same games for the next 6 months ;)

It's good fun with beers and things, but then you get sick of moving around.. and just start lazily flicking the controller around on the couch

thats what GC titles are for until theyre released.

i can happily wait while playing GC games as i never played or owned a GC.

Plus im hoping Zelda will keep me entertained for a while.

only problem is why I'm not rushing to get a wii I can see a big gap between the launch titles drying up and anything else decent coming out.. you're going to be playing the same games for the next 6 months :)

I remember getting a PS2 when it launched and there being zero good games on it for ages as well, lucky I had a good library of PSOne games to keep me sane. Tekken Tag and DOA2 got so much play time!

And I know what you mean about lazily playing the Wii on the couch; when playing Wii Sports my brother will do all that he can to not get off the couch, even going so far as to making movents with the controller that don't even correspond to what you are trying to do in the game.

So for golf where you need to swing the controller upwards, he'll try and move it side to side to achieve the same effect. When bowling he'll aim the shot and his character on a crazy angle when he means to aim straight to account for his laziness. He's almost got it down pat!

But I find that with Wii Sports if you play it 'properly' you still do better. With Zelda it's all 'lazy couch moving' though. Red Steel I have to sit up and play correctly or I get mangled fast.

Zelda kept me entertained for 90 hours before I completed it, but that was finishing everything off properly and stopping to smell the roses occasionally. I think that's pretty good for this type of game.

Edited by MacGuyver

not sure if that works for consoles though, ive tried that before.

but then again its christmas, and there would be heaps of people returning gifts that were unwanted, should be fine

it does i got my psp replaced for dead pixels

some stores with pimply 12 year old managers will try and not do it , particulary at the psp launch when heaps had dead pixels and everyone was trying to return them and sony didnt want to know

but just insist and they will do it

it does i got my psp replaced for dead pixels

some stores with pimply 12 year old managers will try and not do it , particulary at the psp launch when heaps had dead pixels and everyone was trying to return them and sony didnt want to know

but just insist and they will do it

yeah i worked at EB when the whole dead pixel saga was happening, they were guaranteed replacement, only because it was a fault from factory. buying a console with no problem with it, they dont really do refunds in 7 days, its normally only for games

• 1 month later...

The wii is overperforming. It will not have the longivity of the other consoles.

Once ps2 support is finished and they are no longer porting ps2 games to the wii, and games will have to be made from scratch specifically for the wii then you will see a repeat of the past two generations of nintendo consoles.

Few titles, quite a few crap games with some absolute belters in there. And they will mostly be first and second party titles.

Not that nintendo have many second party developers anymore.

Tiger woods 07 is out now and looks quite good.

I've been thinking of picking it up, but i'm in a mood where i don't want to be thinking about games.

Which is hard when you work in a place full of them, but at least it's not retail.

gotta love the wii. just picked up super monkey ball and the av cables for HD-ready tv's! gonna test them out later in the day. does anyone know if ive gotta change any settings to allow the graphics 'unleash' its full potential? :cheers: