SAU Community

Nintendo Wii

SKYLVIA

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sales are struggling of PS3? eh? everywhere they have been released they have sold out in moments, and pretty much every console produced and shipped since has sat on the shelf for next to no time.

anyway, Wii looks pretty sweet. it's a good entry level console I guess and is good fun. The tennant for my appartment bought one last week and he's loving it. I played a couple in japan and thought they were good, but not spectacular. I was far more taken by PS3 (and hence I bought one of those instead of taking a wii).

sales are struggling of PS3? eh? everywhere they have been released they have sold out in moments, and pretty much every console produced and shipped since has sat on the shelf for next to no time.

thats because Sony havent been releasing that many at any one time... their excuse is "they didnt make enough".

its a stupid marketing ploy so they can say "theyre rushing off the shelves so quickly theyre selling out"

yeah that could be true. I dont know for sure. I would say they should sell 1 mil before christmas. certainly whatever they are producing (or releasing as you suggest) is selling. either way I dont think you could say the sales are struggling.

Cant compair this to a 360 or a PS3, Nintendo never intended to enter in the OVER RATED graphics race but decided to make games that are of real value.

Hence the awesome controls and extreemly well thought out games. + The graphics are not that bad at all...

Im loving this console and it has impressed me more than any other system Ive had.

I'll get a PS3 late next year or when they drop the price down from $1000.

Im yet to be blown away by PS3 screen shots.. My 360 running at 1080i is extreemly impressive and the games are getting cheaper.

Every Nintendo Wii we ordered sold on the Australia release date.

Good on you Nintendo this console is awesome.

2hdv04m.gif

The fact they arent as powerful doesnt mean you cant compare them...

They're all a new gen console... 2 have gone for power and one has gone for a wider market and more enjoyable gameplay for all the family.

im not even going to bother buying a PS3... theyre way over priced... all the feedback so far is that the online gaming is nothing short of lackluster compared to the 360 thanks to a solid MS backbone and the games are no longer exclusive to PS3 as theyre all on the 360 anyway.

I'm going to get a Wii next wednesday... i'll probably end up with a 360 despite the fact i hate microsoft... but their price is more reasonable and theyre still a top notch gaming console.

Hey peeps, sorry to go a little off-topic

I'm thinking about getting a Wii for my mate overseas since they are in a place where the Wii won't be released (yeah strange).

My question is: will the Virtual Console work in his country so long as he's got an internet connection? How will he go about getting Wii points? Will it be a hassle?

You can get Wii points by purchasing points cards (kind of like iTunes cards) from places like Electronics Boutique and other video game/electronic stores for spending on the Wii Shop Channel. I think you can purchase them from Nintendo directly as well.

The Virtual Console should work no problems, but you are limited to downloading only games in your region (eg. we can't download Japanese games :P ). At the moment there is a way to get around this: just change your country of origin in the Wii config settings to whatever you feel like. But Nintendo will change this eventually.

I dunno y but ppl are getting Wii for Zelda....dont ppl know that Zelda is on Gamecube? I would wait till the price drop on the wii till I get one, I'll enjoy my zelda on the gamecube =)

I dunno y but ppl are getting Wii for Zelda....dont ppl know that Zelda is on Gamecube? I would wait till the price drop on the wii till I get one, I'll enjoy my zelda on the gamecube =)

can u sword fight on a gamecube?

sure u can wave the controller around like a madman and mimic it... but... its just not the same.

and seeing as the price is not that much more then the N64 on release and half the price of the others... why wait?

ok well there goes that idea... every store in VIC is sold out so im going to have to go down to JB HiFi and preorder for the next batch which isnt due until next friday and even then they say theres no guarantee.

well thats just crap... haha

also its been released that Nintendo Wii has smashed all the australian records... selling over 32000 units in the first 4 days of release.

can u sword fight on a gamecube?

sure u can wave the controller around like a madman and mimic it... but... its just not the same.

and seeing as the price is not that much more then the N64 on release and half the price of the others... why wait?

um N64 what? think you mean GameCube champ.

Difference between the GC and Wii versions of Twilight Princess are:

A) Link is traditionally left handed (i.e. sword in left hand, shield in right) so the gamecube version allows this tradional gameplay, where the Wii version, they have changed hands which makes link right handed.

B) Nintendo announced that they plan on releasing extra features for the Wii version, purchasable online with the Wii channel

C) GC doesnt have the whole motion movement thing.

Graphics are exactly the same. Twilight Princess is essentially a GameCube game with motion features on thw Wii. this game was made for GC, then i guess ported to the Wii for release.

um N64 what? think you mean GameCube champ.

Difference between the GC and Wii versions of Twilight Princess are:

A) Link is traditionally left handed (i.e. sword in left hand, shield in right) so the gamecube version allows this tradional gameplay, where the Wii version, they have changed hands which makes link right handed.

B) Nintendo announced that they plan on releasing extra features for the Wii version, purchasable online with the Wii channel

C) GC doesnt have the whole motion movement thing.

Graphics are exactly the same. Twilight Princess is essentially a GameCube game with motion features on thw Wii. this game was made for GC, then i guess ported to the Wii for release.

no champ

i mean the N64... i have no idea how much the GC was on release or i would have written the GC of which i didnt bother buying... however i did buy a N64 on release day... which was more then what the Wii is hence my point that people are waiting cause of the price when its cheaper then the N64 which was 2 console releases (what... 10 years?) back

i played both on my mates (he has both consoles), i dont know how u can say the gfx is the same... its much sharper on the Wii... maybe its cause he has a HDTV and is using component?