SAU Community

R34s...please!

NS2500

Bigger exhaust or tuned / more work done to the engine?

More done to the car i believe... I am sure Terry or Matt will pop up and elaborate soon enough ;)

Many many thanks :)
I'll fill up this space today when I can about the VS2Nur and the N1 both featured together in...
a) Performance Garage #11 last month and
b) Performance Imports #161 also last month.

Matt and I dedicate these pics to...

Adrian Hodgson, Editor of Performance garage

Jason Round, Editor of Performance Imports and

Eric Tang Photographer

ETang-0296_zpsb6d26e7f.jpg

ETang-0000A_zps46ac403f.jpg

ETang-0151_zpsdc8d07d3.jpg

ETang-0000B_zps5ed22a8b.jpg

And perhaps I'll dedicate this post to Nick Nikolas and Terry Ashwood as they both share the story of the Black V-Spec II Nur coming to Aust and its later development.

Story as reported after Matt and I have had discussions with Terry Ashwood and Nick Nikolas:-

* The 2002 Nur was brought out to Australia in 2002. In other words, it was a new car. It was purchased by Terry Ashwood at a new price.

* The Nur still had plastic on the seats and door cards

* The odometer had about 200Kms on it

* Terry Ashwood's intent was to keep it pristine with ultra-low Kms.

* It could have feasibly been sent back to the Omori factory in Japan to become a Z-Tune

* That's the direction Terry wanted to take until he sold it to Nick Nikolas - and we respect that!

* At the time of sale, Terry had put on 19"x10.5" Nismo LMGT4 wheels and a Apex'i Power FC D-Jetro ECU

ETang-0051_zpsc8bca76f.jpg

ETang-0178_zpscbed5d80.jpg

ETang-0176_zps0d3fcbf7.jpg

ETang-0171_zpsa9c07252.jpg

* Nick Nikolas took this Nur in a different direction - Matt and I respect that decision as well; otherwise Matt wouldn't have bought the car

* Nick used to own the JUN R32 GT-R which was doing 9s on street rubber at Cootamundra. That GT-R was an ADM. Nick has a few regrets about doing that to an ADM lol

* Nick did a few things (as you can see below) to the Nur that helped it do a 10.9sec run at Cootamundra. He only wanted to do that once and then preserve the car at low boost.

* Nick replaced the silver 19" LMGT4s with 20" Volk GTCs

* The Nur had a Big Brembo Brake Kit with floating discs and braided lines installed at over $20K

* Top end Ohlins Coilovers installed

* Ikeya Chassis Dampers front and rear

* C/F Prop Shaft from the UK

* The Nur also had Jun cams/gears, Nitto Oil pump, Large injectors, Nismo Fuel Reg, Larger Fuel pump (with an extra Nismo one spare), ARC Intake with Nismo piping installed

* Top end Motec ECU replaced the D-Jetro

* Nismo plenum was installed

* Nismo Titanium twin pipe exhaust

* Nismo MFD and Cluster installed

* The side skirts, rear pods are genuine Nismo

* The C/F VS2 bonnet was kept as a spare and replaced with a genuine Z-Tune with R-Tune intake kept as a spare

ETang-0124_zps8b12f1c4.jpg

ETang-0122_zps962c533b.jpg

ETang-0126_zps9f69ee57.jpg

Piping is all there; but it's been turned off for ages.

ETang-0070_zps627e8ef4.jpg

ETang-0074_zps4a3b4c8a.jpg

* Matt has an ultimate street and track car which may make the track again one day soon so it can at least be tested around corners!

* Matt is the third owner, and yet this NSW car only made its first appearance at Legends Night in 2009, parked next to Rod Markland's GIO Chassis #4 GT-R

JoelyMoley-16.jpg

Terry-2_zps99667a40.jpg

Matthew-2_zps6f77ff4f.jpg

Matthew-4_zps270d86ce.jpg

So three owners of this Nur there have been...

Three nicer guys you'd go a long way to meet :)

* Terry Ashwood

* Nick Nikolas

* Matt Tung-Yep

And perhaps I'll dedicate this post to Kristian Appelt and Todd O'Donnell as they both share the story of the V-Spec N1 coming to Aust and accidentally landing in my hands.

Story:- Many people may know that I've had a connection with Kristian and Todd for quite some time.

After all,...

Terry-12_zps8d485b6f.jpg

Todd brought in my Bayside Blue V-Spec II with full Japanese history and barely 40,000Kms on odo. Both Kristian and Todd eyed off this one.

Terry-49.jpg

Todd instead, waited and waited for an N1. But so too was his mechanic back in Nara; and thus, it was going to be an arm-wrestle between friends at auction if no-one else bought it first.

Enter Kristian... He sits over auction houses in several countries and pores over specs all day long. And then he saw this...

Terry-2.jpg

Hey! And it didn't seem to be designated as an N1 either!

Kristian already had a V-Spec II N1, so knowing that Todd was looking for either a V-Spec N1 or a V-Spec II N1, contacted him.

And Todd said "YES!"

Terry-41.jpg

But Todd was stuck with a yard full of Corvette, Harley F400, Supra, 360, etc... that needed to be MOVED!!!

Time ran out for Todd and I had 36 hours to decide - and I'd only just completed a build on the VS2 under the advice of Steve-0, Piggaz and Yavuz at Unigroup Eng.

ETang-0232_zpse7f704ef.jpg

So here she is in my name - thanks to Kristian firstly (aka Iron Chef), and then Todd (aka JLM).

ETang-0283_zps0223f795.jpg

Not much different looking under bonnet to see if you removed all the Nismo items...

But just like the Nur above, it has "24U" stamped on the block on the passenger's side = N1 engine.

ETang-0164_zps9d84122e.jpg

Still pretty though...

and it shifts - after you get past the lag, lol

ETang-0161_zpsb3d1fc55.jpg

• Like 1