SAU Community

Good Ps2 Multiplayer Games

shoebox

Anyone knows of some great games for 2+ players? My housemates and i are bored to death!

We're now stuck with playing NFS: Carbon, GT4, Tekken and Worms, and it's getting boring; is there anything out there with a storyline but allows for multiplayer gaming (like the good old days of Golden Axe)?

• 4 weeks later...

For FPS I'd recommend Timesplitters: Future Perfect, Timesplitters 2 or Red Faction 2. All these games support 4 players plus bots.

Both Timesplitters games let you have 4 players plus 8 bots all at the same time with individual difficulties that you can set plus heaps of different game modes and even a level editor. I'd recommend TS:FP over TS2 as it is more refined and has a better single player campaign that you can play 2 player co-op.

Red Faction 2 lets you have a maximum of 6 players in the game (so say 3 human players and 3 bots) and you can customise their stats also. There are heaps of maps to chose from and a decent amount of play modes. The Single player component in Red Faction 2 is much better than both Timesplitters games but I don't think it's co-op.

For games with a bit of a story line and similar to Golden Axe, X-Men Legends 1 & 2 are good value smash 'em ups for four people at the same time with heaps of characters to choose from and level up. Similar to this is TMNT: Battle Nexus 2 which is good if you are a fan of the moden day Ninja Turtles.

WWF: Smackdown is awesome as well with 4 players on Royal Rumble (I haven't played any other wrestling games since but I'm sure they are just as good) if you are just after a bash with mates.