SAU Community

How Far on a Tank

Spiderman

Hey Everyone,

I normally get about 320km from a full tank , but a few weeks ago i serviced the car and for the last two tanks i have done over 400km, 420km the last one.

Thats 100km more per tank.

How many Km's per tank do other people get, if we get enough reponses we can find out the average.

On average about 400km.

This involves a 10km roundtrip to work which has 14 sets of lights and probably 30km of freeway driving/week.

My best is up around 535km (Cessnock Cruise afew weeks back) or so but i almost ran my lil biatch dry :bahaha:

I always seem to fill up with around 57-62L

I run my car on 7psi boost with 186rwkw and hit speed and rev limiters often :D

Yeah I usually get about 450km's on a full tank. Mind you, I never really let it go till the light comes on. I did an oil and filter change a couple of weeks ago and my 2 tanks since then have been better. I've hit 400kms with 1/4 of a tank (according to the guage) to go. I suppose it really depends on a lot of things like how hard you drive it, how you use the gears or overdrive, freeway driving vs stop-start, type of petrol you use etc. etc.

I get 380 ~ 400 from a 45 litre tank driving round the city/Northside

I got 500 out of the tank the day we went to the Hunter Valley for lunch (mostly freeway driving)

Originally posted by a5h

but i have done 136k's and its still over 3/4 full :(

Thats coz its your new toy and your still scared of it :bahaha:

Originally posted by benm

Thats coz its your new toy and your still scared of it :bahaha:

After a while you'll be stuck into the boost at 16-18-20 psi and you can watch the fuel guage drop visibly...

I'm similar to Ben, bit heavier due to more mods, more pressure and I have my right foot buried in the firewall.

400km if lucky.

T.

I forgot to mention in my post that I've got a stock auto... Probably how I come out with such good averages. I generally only use Optimax these days, but have tried all the other premium (98 octane) fuels around. BP Ultimate seems to be ok all round and the Mobil version gives good performance, but not as good economy. Optimax is the best all round in my view. If I "ran my lil biatch dry", I'm sure I'd be around 500 a tank. ;)