SAU Community

Hobering Noise?

4AL2NV

Well i was being an idiot in my car giving it a real workout on a pretty warm day. Since then my car has been making a weird hobering noise kind of like the sound ufo's make in movies. It's coming from the timing belt area. I was wondering if anyone would have any clue as to what it is. I took it to one place and they think maybe my timing belt is on too tight? Could this be right???

Yeh your right i have recently changed the timing belt. So you don't reckon anything has warped or bent or anything. One person tried telling me my cam shaft may be bent as my distributer moves alot when the car is turned on. Remember its a rb25det.

Mate, sounds like your timing belt is too tight... you had better loosen that sucker because if they are too tight, they can snap! then you'll be pulling your engine apart to replace bent valves, etc...

The heat makes the belt even tighter so be careful.

what are you talking about with the Distributer?? bent cam?? I don't think so... Are you talking about the CAS on the front of the exhuast cam??

Yeh your right i have recently changed the timing belt. So you don't reckon anything has warped or bent or anything. One person tried telling me my cam shaft may be bent as my distributer moves alot when the car is turned on. Remember its a rb25det.

I would check for some kind of weird green men that say;

"I come in peace" :P

or check your mechanic hasnt accidently put the ufos engine in your car and the Rb in the space ship, there could be some aliens out there goin whhoooooorrrrr PSHHHHHHHHHH, sick drift bro.......