SAU Community

R32 Gtr Brake Upgrade

Hello people.

Im picking up my 93' GTR on Friday.. I sure this has been covered before, but I just want a quick answer :laugh: I know the standard brakes are crap, but basically what is the best option as far as quality and value for money for an the upgrade & also what brake pads. Also where would I buy it from? I live in SA and car will be .. enthusiastically driven, no track work at this stage..

Cheers

Jon

well the standard brakes aren't that bad for road use really. As long as the caliper is working OK (no pistons seized etc) all you really need to do is put some good fluid in and bleed it properly. If you have trouble after that maybe throw some better pads in there.

If you want to upgrade the brakes althogether you are looking at $2-6k

Depending on how much you paid for the GTR, you may have to sell the car to pay for the brakes :)

But i would look at the rotors condition first. If they are still the std cross drilled jobbies i would replace them with new rotors, put a new seal kit through all four calipers and run good pad and fluids.

For the road they will work more then fine. If you cook your brakes on the street and you have covered the basics then you will be dead in a day or two so may as well leave some money to your family :)

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=62712 and slotted not drilled.

There are quite a few threads that discuss the R32 brake upgrade issue...also have alook through the old for sale threads as there is always a bit of "will it fit this" type of stuff discussed. As well as the discussion of adaptors for standard calipers top bigger disks in the suspension section