SAU Community

R32 Gtr 93'

Hey guys, im picking up my GTR on friday. I dont want to have to rebuild the engine any time soon so:

I know they tend to have a problem with the oil pump. What exactly is the problem? Would it be a worthy investment to upgrade it straight away?

Turbo's, the ceramic turbines seem to be a big problem, but if they go would they tend to do engine damage at the same time, or will it just kill the turbo/s then its as simple as upgrading? If they do damage the engine, im thinking i should upgrade them quite soon...

Are there any other known problems that is recommended to fix or upgrade in order to save me from damaging the car?

Cheers

Jon

The late model R32's, ie yours do not really have any problems with the oil pump. Leave it alone if it is working, ie providing the required pressure. Fill the sump with about 5 litres of oil (Assuming there is no oil cooler fitred)

The ceramic turbos are fine also. The only tend to self destruct when people put too much boost through them. Too much is generally regarded as more than 14 pounds. So don't do that & they will be fine.

Change the fluids (if not done already) Check the timing belt & change it if necessary. Look after it & don't drive like a dickhead.

Lastly, try the search function. Loads of useful information to be found there.