SAU Community

Defects!

NYTSKY

OK in the past 2 weeks ive been defected 2 times.First time was for blow off valve.

Second time was for exhaust and my HIDS.

The first copper said my exhaust was fine but not to go any louder.

The second copper was a prick and wrote me up anyway.Today i went to get it tested and i was 4DB over(shit) so i went and got a standard exhaust put on.But the thing is i have to give it back in two weeks(loaner)

Seeing as my other exhaust was only 4DB over what can i do to it to make it quieter without comprimising flow.The standard system has robbed so much power out of my car its not funny.Can anyone in the same boat help me out?Options? Is there quiet high flowing systems on the market?

CHEERS

Dave

I guess ill have to try the centre muffler option.Going from high flowing to standard exhaust is a huge decrease in power.Amazing what a high flowing exhaust can do for turbo cars.

Edited by NYTSKY

yea bud the best option is to get another centre muiffler as the others on here have said... the hks super dragger exhaust i have has a centre muffler and a hotdog aswell... its pretty quiet so that should do the trick for ya

yea bud the best option is to get another centre muiffler as the others on here have said... the hks super dragger exhaust i have has a centre muffler and a hotdog aswell... its pretty quiet so that should do the trick for ya

My one is a fujitsubo.the guy testing it was suprised that it was over cause its pretty quiet.The standard one i have on now is 88.5db. My aim is to find a system that is 90db but provides the same flow as my fujitsubo one.There must be a market out there for legal yet high flowing exhausts.

Edited by NYTSKY

Now on the subject of defects.I have an intercooler in the garage ready to put on.Are they a defect.A hole has to be cut into the engine bay to fit it.

If you're cutting a hole in the engine bay you're going to have to get that engineered, otherwise = defect?

(Going by what happened to a friend of mine)

Go to Mr. Muffler - get a Muffler that's within the legal DB limit - get the guys to write you up a report stating that it's legal - make a copy of it and keep it in your car...

When a copper pulls you over - show them the paperwork and that will shut him up.

That's what I've found...

Simple get an exhaust that complies.

There are some made by kakimoto and fujitsobo that are legal.

they have a 92 or 96 suffix on the model names.

can't just get an exhaust that applies, it needs to be engineered to say that it comply's with the australian design rules.. i was defected for my exhaust, and mind you my exhaust is under the dB rating.. i was told that if i didn't have a engineered certificate to say that it complys with the australian design rule then they can keep defecting me..

simple answer: Either know someone dodgey to clear it like i did... or put the stock one back on.

can't just get an exhaust that applies, it needs to be engineered to say that it comply's with the australian design rules.. i was defected for my exhaust, and mind you my exhaust is under the dB rating.. i was told that if i didn't have a engineered certificate to say that it complys with the australian design rule then they can keep defecting me..

simple answer: Either know someone dodgey to clear it like i did... or put the stock one back on.

This is true. Although, if you are defected for noise - my solution would suffice.

If you are defected for no ADR compliance - your solution would be the only one.

• 4 weeks later...