SAU Community

Unknown Turbs

hey like the title says i have a turbs that im not quite sure what its from...

i have done searches on ns.com and google but it keeps getting me more confused..

i have been told my turbs is a rb25 or a small turbo off a vg30 twin turbs setup..

but i bought the turbo as a vg30 single turbo as it is to go on my silver top...

teh turbs reads NISSAN 45V1..

please ne help would be greatly appreciated...

and also is it suitable for my 20?

thanks in advance

could be RB25 or VG30 single.

both have that marking on the compressor housing. does it have a nipple for a boost/cvacuum line?

if it does it is VG30det if not it is RB25.

Thanks

could be RB25 or VG30 single.

both have that marking on the compressor housing. does it have a nipple for a boost/cvacuum line?

if it does it is VG30det if not it is RB25.

Thanks

hey cheers but im not quite sure im sorta new to the whole turbo thing..

hopefully this pic link works and someone could give me a def answer... thanks

vg30.jpg

That is 100% a VG30DET turbo as it has a straight outlet join and a nipple for the wastegate actuator.

If you are going to use it on an RB20 use the RB20 actuator and you will run 12psi.

Also If you are able to find a shagged RB25 turbo you can have the compressor wheel and housing from it fitted to this turbo and you will then have a bastardised nissan turbo with all the best bits!

That is 100% a VG30DET turbo as it has a straight outlet join and a nipple for the wastegate actuator.

If you are going to use it on an RB20 use the RB20 actuator and you will run 12psi.

Also If you are able to find a shagged RB25 turbo you can have the compressor wheel and housing from it fitted to this turbo and you will then have a bastardised nissan turbo with all the best bits!

this bastardised nissan turbo u speak of... so could i do it myself?

would i just simply buy a rb25 turbs and put the compressor housing and comp wheel on my vg30 and presto i would have a mad WORKING turbo?

this bastardised nissan turbo u speak of... so could i do it myself?

would i just simply buy a rb25 turbs and put the compressor housing and comp wheel on my vg30 and presto i would have a mad WORKING turbo?

Just get a turbo shop to swap it over and balance it, shouldnt be very xxx'y

well that clears up my problem then, i guess i have a vg30 also :(. to dam laggy for my liking, would puttin the rb25 bits on the front realy clear it up? less lagg. id prefure a steel wheel. p.s is vg30det steel wheel front?