MM2death

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ur car at boostworx atm?

nah, its still here. i cant get the work done until i can borrow my sisters car. shes on holidays atm. so once shes back at uni, i'll drop the skyline off and borrow her pulsar.

nah sam, 1st time there if i remember correctly. something to do with the fact that since his ebc wasnt working properly the was allowed to drive off without paying a cent but will pay full amount when he get a tune with a working ebc. wierd.

nah, its still here. i cant get the work done until i can borrow my sisters car. shes on holidays atm. so once shes back at uni, i'll drop the skyline off and borrow her pulsar.

are you still in the process of gathering parts?

yeah sammy. off in a few hours. Boss is taking me for a drive in his car after work, hes bragging bout some tyres he got which are apprently the "shitz".

i drove it a few times. Gearbox is very funny in terms of shifting to say the least. But it has tidal waves of torque compared to the line. s2000 is a different story - it has an awesome gearbox. Shifting is go slick and fun in that car.

Bachelor of IT.

I'm in my 3rd year so yer exams suck. :(

Especially J2EE - Internet Computing.

I'm a fiddler. I only 'try' to improve upon the current cheap $100 tune I had.

I found that when changing gear or simply flattening it the map trace was dipping to load point 20 then once accelerating settling on load point 19 through the rev range.

This load 20 point was running ever so slightly too much timing as it was causing highish knock readings.

I reduced load point 20 by one degree and left load point 18-19 the way it was and knock went from 35 down to 17.

So.. I dialed in another degree in to load points 18-19 and found knock didn't rise.

That 1 degree makes it feel more lively, but only makes throttle control that little bit harder in second.

Basically through the mid range its now running 17degree's instead of its previous 16 and in some parts 15.

These new tyres don't hook up though. :)

I bought some Firenza ST-03's.

If I don't ease my foot in to it second axle tramps majorly. :D

My subframe bushes are screwed, first things first during the holidays, I'm going to fit some pineapples, hopefully it will stop the subframe from slopping about and help with traction a little.

If I still get too much movement, over the X-mas holidays I'm going to drop the subframe and fit a set of new subframe bushes from Noltec ($190 from Unique Autosports).

Maybe, a big MAYBE fit a S13 3.9:1 diff as to help the rb30 get that little more speed from each gear.

All my examsn are over. yay!!

hey sam, i was going to call you today and meet up but my bro had my phone and took it out with him. DOH!!

what did boostworx have to say bout the engine?