SAU Community

SA Wasteland?

MM2death

or we could have it at my place - I have a projector and big screen :) .... just gotta figure out a way to get rid of the wife for the night :)

Love your sig avi Duc ... go the R34 4 door :)

I'm off to play some BattleField 2 Demo now, so won't be lurking anymore ..... catchas later

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can I have your opinion on this guys. Thinking of getting it as my daily. Dont laugh, serious question.

7766.jpg

Hey duc!! If you want one of those as a parts runner, be cheap as on the old fuel, and a little bonus is, they come out with the E15 motor as seen in the little ET Pulsar(turbo), would be a sweet straight bolt in engine change. and not to mention some fun!!!

sam - heres what ive been able to do so far. As you can see from the fenders there is alot of colour under the final one that was painted. What's your opinion on my sanding - please me kind. =D

DSCN0005.jpg

DSCN0004.jpg

DSCN0001.jpg

DSCN0006.jpg

Hey duc!! If you want one of those as a parts runner, be cheap as on the old fuel, and a little bonus is, they come out with the E15 motor as seen in the little ET Pulsar(turbo), would be a sweet straight bolt in engine change. and not to mention some fun!!!

If they had one avaliable in adelaide, then sure i would think about it. Would be wicked to transport parts ie bonnet/bodykit/wheels around in that thing. Imagine the looks you would get driving down a street like rundle st in that thing. Hehehe

nice pics there duc.

sanding work looks good, but its hard to tell from a pic. looks like youve been using water too, just a tip - clean all the sanding sludge that has run down the front of the car up with a sponge after you finish sanding, if its left for any amount of time or the sun gets on it it can be hard to clean off later. :)

hey sam. yeah its really hard to tell at the quality of my sanding by looking at those pics. The bonnet is by far the hardest so far atm. My garage is flooded due to the amount of water that im using. hehe

hehe

oh btw sam, say if i was to paint it in acrylic would the acrylic primer be ok on top of the current primer that is on the hood or do i need to sand back to the red coat underneath that. I know that acrylic/2pak dont mix, so im kinda dumb founded.

just prime straight over the top, no matter what paint it is, it would be dificult to sand the colored layers off by hand. you just need to keep in mind that the acrylic paint has more of a chance of 'biting up', than 2k

can i prime straight over the fenders the way they look atm as long as there is no gloss and its basically flat?

what does bite up mean anyways sam, i hear it alot but not sure.

it would be dificult to sand the colored layers off by hand

taking bout hands, i have like blood blisters and crap cause of the sandpaper :pissed: My thumb and index finger are so sensitive now.

like how the guards looked before you sanded them, you could see all the sanding marks in the paint. also on the bootlid where they removed to spoiler & patched up the holes, you can see the 'bite up' lines where they put the poly-filler

taking bout hands, i have like blood blisters and crap cause of the sandpaper :pissed: My thumb and index finger are so sensitive now.

really? ive never had that before. if you have sensitive skin, be careful when using thinners & solvents, that stuff has recked my hands.

really? ive never had that before. if you have sensitive skin, be careful when using thinners & solvents, that stuff has recked my hands.

yeah i cant stand wearing gloves - pansy!! hehe. so i just use my bare hands and a block i made to sand it. I think the hrs upon hrs of my hands (right one) being soaked has not helped it.