MM2death

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i didnt expect you too. =D

btw do you feel like a movies night or get together sometime this weekend?  

or are you busy.

sounds like a good idea :D, but ill let you know closer to the weekend

Looking at some of those bull’s eyes it may indicate you need a bit of bodywork or at least a high fill primer.

Did you say you are doing it all by hand?

It can be hard not to get rub marks in the car if you are doing it all by hand, can you at least get a block, or better still an oscillating orbital sander (air tool) to do the majority of the work. You will need to finish it off by hand, but to do the whole lot by hand is a big job.

PS any little imperfection will look 10 times worse with a coat of paint on it. Before you paint it get someone with a good eye to go over it and highlight the bits that need more work.

The first time I painted a car my preparation wasn’t good enough (after a week of work) and the car looked almost as bad with the new coat of paint on it.

hey guy,

thanks for the advice. yeah the bull's eye are obviously dents in the fenders. im using a block and all by hand. Its a big job but i dont have the necessary orbitor equipment so im just going to have to do without it. Im ust concentrating on the sanding atm and then will fill up the dents prior to applying the primer. I aint rushing it so should hopefully be ok.

Looking at some of those bull’s eyes it may indicate you need a bit of bodywork or at least a high fill primer.

Did you say you are doing it all by hand?

It can be hard not to get rub marks in the car if you are doing it all by hand, can you at least get a block, or better still an oscillating orbital sander (air tool) to do the majority of the work. You will need to finish it off by hand, but to do the whole lot by hand is a big job.

PS any little imperfection will look 10 times worse with a coat of paint on it. Before you paint it get someone with a good eye to go over it and highlight the bits that need more work.

The first time I painted a car my preparation wasn’t good enough (after a week of work) and the car looked almost as bad with the new coat of paint on it.

:werd:

Heya Sleeper, do you have some spare time in the next month to come down to morepower and get my turbo high flowed? Would be good to show them that I want the same service you recieved for the same price etc.

no problem. :Pimp2:

I have a week of from the 9th to the 17th :uh-huh:

ok, im outta ideas. what kind of car?

That would be giving it away if i told you what car it was. Either way u'll get to see it in person or ill get pics. :Pimp2:

That would be giving it away if i told you what car it was. Either way u'll get to see it in person or ill get pics.  :Pimp2:

ok, get some pics. are they on sau?