SAU Community

SA Wasteland?

MM2death

maybe the way the power delivery/rev limit? (engine design)

there must be a reason 2jzgte never been used in JGTC while rb26dett GTR win more than any other engine equiped car.

True, the RB is more of a rev-happy race engine, the 2JZ is a hi-po street engine, for a street driven car extra displacement is nice (hence the run on RB30 conv. atm).

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've picked my self up a VG30DET BB turbo with plans to get it highflowed by gcg later on down the track. Anything over 250rwkw I'd be happy with. :(

For now I will be bolting it on with an adj. FPR (maybe injectors depends on $$) to see what she gets.

I'm expecting around 210rwkw peak some where around 5500rpm. ;)

Unfortunately I can't spend money on the highflow at the moment as I need to get the suspension and diff sorted.

The subframe bushes are nackered as is the diff, it now some times breaks out in to a single spinner when jumping on the gas in second, if it doesn't do that it breaks out in to a nasty axle tramp due to the stuffed subframe bushes. :(

do you know how much one is looking at to get a stock Skyline turbo high-flowed Joel?

My Neo turbo also has the plastic impeller - I wonder what the cost would be to change it to a steel one?

It comes down to you get what you pay for. As usual. :(

A cheap bush style highflow is around the 1k mark.

A BB core highflow is always up around 2k. GCG charge around $1900.

GCG are fairly well proven to highflow a turbo that is reliable and doesn't pop, I'll spend my money with them.

I could do the GT30/35 external gate thing but honestly big gates hanging out the engine bay really make me paranoid.

Sambo, Its making 175rwkw at 4400rpm then peaks up to 176rwkw (wow) by 4800rpm then drops to 176rwkw by 4950rpm then tails off to ~130rwkw or something by 6000rpm.

The stock rb20det turbo is waaay to small for the rb30.

It peaks to 12psi as soon as boost is made then quickly tails off to 9psi, this is on the stock actuator pressure. So the peak figure is made on 9psi, not too bad for a little rb20det turbo. ;)

The Rb20DET needed 15psi to make 164rwkw so it goes to show how much better the rb25 heads flow. :(