SA Wasteland?

MM2death

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ill be taking it easy for a bit, while im running the engine in anyways. what steps did you follow to run your engine in cubes?
Quite contentious, can't say whether I'd follow this advice or not, but it's certainly food for thought. http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

And on a totally unrelated note here's some pictures...

bowhunt1.jpg

bowhunt2.jpg

bowhunt3.jpg

bowhunt4.jpg

:D

interesting stuff hey. they say if you dont run the engine hard the rings wont bed in properly. i suppose motorcycle engines would have to be similar to the running in of a car engine. coincidentaly the pistons ill be using are CP forged ones, and they make the majority of there parts to suit motorcycles.

Sambo33,

I was conservative and hung off before taking the jump to synthetic.

I used Penrite run-in oil for the first 1500km's, did 3 oil and filter changes.

One after a couple hundred then the other 2 every 600-700 or so.

I then ran Motul Motion 10w30 Mineral oil until the motor clocked up 10,000km's.

Within the 8500km's I did 2 oil changes, each at ~4000-5000km's.

I then went to Motul 8100 X-cess 5w40.

With regards to how the car was driven, I wired open the wastegate so I could get plenty of load on the motor without boost flicking up to 10psi and creating to much load.

The car went on the dyno to check afr's and ignition timing, I rev'd it to 3500rpm and drove with a flat foot everywhere for the first ~1000km's.

After that I began to rev it a little more ~5000rpm.

I only had it tuned and boost hooked back up once i got synthetic and the PFC in to the car which was at 10,000km's.

So it had lots and lots of time for the rings to bed in and properly as I could get a nice amount of load in to her.

Even though I'm running the largest recommended bore to piston clearance for 24+psi and race use it uses zero oil and has no oil in the intake piping.

It did use a little oil and had oil in the intake piping up until around 1,500km's.

It has slight piston slap on cold starts but goes away very quickly. :D

I was told by the engine builder not to jump in to synthetic too quickly as by doing so can only cause harm, not doing so won't cause any harm but only potentially good.

I've bought a few bits in the past week or so, GTR injectors (good for ~270rwkw on std fuel pressure) and a vg30det turbo that I have the exhaust housing machined up to suit a GT30 600hp CHRA and .7 comp cover. :D

I've attached a map trace for those that are fiddlers like myself.

Its also time for another oil change.

I've decided to go with the heavier Castrol 10w60 over the Motul 8100 5w40.

I went a K&N Oil filter over the PureOne this time as i'm tired of skinning my knuckles trying to remove the old sucker. :cheers:

My other half thinks its sad taking pictures of oil ($59.95 @ Autobarn) and a filter ($18.95 @ Sprint Autoparts).

Whats worse is for some reason I get excited when I look at my new oil filter and castrol oil :)

My other half thinks its sad taking pictures of oil ($59.95 @ Autobarn) and a filter ($18.95 @ Sprint Autoparts).  

Whats worse is for some reason I get excited when I look at my new oil filter and castrol oil :wave:

They just don't understand.... Do they! How much better is ya car just after a oil change, which reminds me I'm just about due too!!

Oil change.. :wave:

Feels the same to be honest, it didn't use a drop of oil and there was no nasty's in either the filter or the bottom of the drain pan.

I want to get myself one of those cheap oil cooler and filter relocation kits for $175, then grab myself an elec. oil temp and pressure guage and mount it in the center console where the GTR's have their three guages. So many plans, so little money. :D

Oil change.. :rofl:

Feels the same to be honest.

I want to get myself one of those cheap oil cooler and filter relocation kits for $175, then grab myself an elec. oil temp and pressure guage and mount it in the center console where the GTR's have their three guages. So many plans, so little money. :D

i got a Earl's oil cooler coming on early August which i don't need now... crazy1.gif