SAU Community

SA Wasteland?

MM2death

i dont think it would be that hard unless you would rather pay someone else to do it. i painted my calipers myself - piece of cake, and have painted the front of my sil80 myself which sam though was resonable ok - well the one that i though didnt need attention which i was quite happy coming from a spray painter himself.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Be sure to spray the car when it's not cold. :D

or. Hire a heater. :rolleyes:

ive already done that mate. hired a heater and compressor.

i successfully sprayed one front panel and front bar but felt that the others were not how i would have liked it to be. thus why im asking someone if i could borrow a compressor for a few days or else i would have to donate that money to kenndards and the likes. plus now i have a gravity feed spray gun whereas i had a siphon one before. would make life easier since i can now spray bodykits at home, yiipeee.

you're welcome to borrow mine Duc - I just had a look at it - it is only a dodgy el cheapo GMC one, but is brand new - I haven't even fired it up yet.

1500W 2Hp

tank capacity 24L

206L/min tank displacement

117l/min free air displacement

0.8MPa max pressure

these numbers mean nothing to me - maybe they do to you?

thanks andrew much appreciated. they dont mean nothing to me either only the cfm matters, ill ask sam if its sufficient. Again, thanks andrew ill take you up on the offer hopefully. btw why havent u used it yet, impluse buy??

hey duc, when u planning on repainting the silvia panels?

hopefully at the end of this week pending weather. Got some installs/maintenance to do as well so yeah. btw andrew has posted up a list of spec on his air compressor, you thinks thats suffiecent sam or do you need to see it to look at cfm - would give us an excuse to see andrew's car also. =D

you in adelaide/murray atm?

24L tank is a bit too small, you would find yourself constantly running out of air pressure. you would really want a minimum of 50L tank and 3.0HP, to keep air pressure consistantly above 3.0 bar. what spec was the last compressor you borrowed?

im back in murray bridge atm, i help my dad out with his hospital appointment.

24L tank is a bit too small, you would find yourself constantly running out of air pressure. you would really want a minimum of 50L tank and 3.0HP, to keep air pressure consistantly above 3.0 bar. what spec was the last compressor you borrowed?

im back in murray bridge atm, i help my dad out with his hospital appointment.

i honestly cant remember but just know that it was 12 cfm electric compressor. i think it was 3hp. A wells im just gonna have to hire another one i guess since its my last resort. Just bought rego the other day and its begging to be driven =D coming back to adelaide anytime soon?

i'll probably be back in adelaide this weekend.

you headed to mallala this weekend?

i hope the weather is going to be at least not raining this weekend. Thinking bout touching up the paint on saturday and drifts sunday. I might give the rally a miss this year. well, thats my intentions anyways.

im keen on going to mallala, ill let you know. yeah, hopefully the weather will be like last sunday. im heading down to adelaide tomorrow, more carport work to do :) have you sorted the air-compressor out?

im keen on going to mallala, ill let you know. yeah, hopefully the weather will be like last sunday. im heading down to adelaide tomorrow, more carport work to do :( have you sorted the air-compressor out?

i havent had the chance to sort out the compressor as yet. Probarbly go and look at some today @ kennards or usual place i hired it last time from. Having said that, im not sure if im going to get it though because if its raining on the weekend then theirs no point to it.

Has shaun got the block/heads etc back yet so your car can be put together?