SAU Community

SA Wasteland?

MM2death

I religously start my car and run it for at least 5 minutes before I drive it every morning, so the remote start would save me walking out to the garage. And yes false alarms are a pain in the butt - but what's the alternative?! Better be over-protected than some dickwit steal your car or your stuff. Remeber, I had my car broken into within 5 minutes of me leaving it in Kensington Park - in the middle of the day. These crooks have no respect or fear whatsoever. I am soooooo close to leaving my car at Tea Tree Plaza one arvo and watching it from a distance with a few mates and a baseball bat. It is very out of control - the crooks know they hardly get punished, so keep doing it. When they can't walk or use their fingers anymore they won't be able to rip-off people's pride-and-joy.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like "The 34" won't be on the road until November at this stage. We are off to the USA in 9 days and don't get back until the end of September - so it will go in for compliance in October sometime. Can't wait!

I religously start my car and run it for at least 5 minutes before I drive it every morning, so the remote start would save me walking out to the garage. And yes false alarms are a pain in the butt - but what's the alternative?! Better be over-protected than some dickwit steal your car or your stuff. Remeber, I had my car broken into within 5 minutes of me leaving it in Kensington Park - in the middle of the day. These crooks have no respect or fear whatsoever. I am soooooo close to leaving my car at Tea Tree Plaza one arvo and watching it from a distance with a few mates and a baseball bat. It is very out of control - the crooks know they hardly get punished, so keep doing it. When they can't walk or use their fingers anymore they won't be able to rip-off people's pride-and-joy.

i couldnt belive what they did with your S15, would have been nice to have a rock handy and take out their rear windscreen :D

Looks like "The 34" won't be on the road until November at this stage. We are off to the USA in 9 days and don't get back until the end of September - so it will go in for compliance in October sometime. Can't wait!

have to organise a cruise the weekend after you get it complied :D

yep, will do for sure!!!

I'm still acquiring bits and pieces to fit before I get it on the road - I have quite a little collection under my bed.

The wheels have gone in to be repainted, and I currently have the stockies on the car (as per my sig pics) - I quite like the stockies - but my dish rims will be unreal when I get them back :D

i understand the perspective you coming from andrew particualr since you've experienced it first hand. persoanlly, i just cant stand the false alarms - hasnt happened on the 33 but the sil gets it all the time. thing is though, when an alarm goes off a majority of people just ignore it as they assume its only a false alarm when in fact that may not be the case. i guess this is where the pager then comes in handy.

Edited by Nozila

yep, my thoughts exactly Duc. People barely look when a car alarm goes off these days.

I found this nice pic (below) in my travels - thought I'd share it with you all. If anyone wants it in 1280 x 960 for their desktop let me know and I'll email the original to you.

post-669-1124885728.jpg

i understand the perspective you coming from andrew particualr since you've experienced it first hand. persoanlly, i just cant stand the false alarms - hasnt happened on the 33 but the sil gets it all the time. thing is though, when an alarm goes off a majority of people just ignore it as they assume its only a false alarm when in fact that may not be the case. i guess this is where the pager then comes in handy.

yep, and an " as many point possible " immoboliser to prevent the bitches takin off with the car, i always try to leave my car in a place where its easily visible anyways, i'd rather park it sumwhere like that than in the far corner of a car park where its hard to see

yep, and an " as many point possible " immoboliser to prevent the bitches takin off with the car, i always try to leave my car in a place where its easily visible anyways, i'd rather park it sumwhere like that than in the far corner of a car park where its hard to see

simple club lock in addition to the car alarm doesnt go astray

yep it is a McLaren.

We have organised our US trip oursleves. We do a couple of little tours during our trip, but most of it is set up by us.

Fyi our itinerary includes New York (including seeing Lion King on broadway and going to a NY Yankees vs Boston White Socks game), Niagra Falls (on the Canadian side), Washington DC, Philli, Boston (have friends that live there), California (including Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Universal Studios etc), Las Vegas (including Boulder Dam and Grand Canyon helicopter trip), San Diego (including Sea World and Hooters), Tijuana, San Francisco, Hollywood/LA, then 4 days rest in Honolulu on the way home. :D - I can't bloody wait!!!!!!