SA Wasteland?

MM2death

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well i was very forunate. And what i did was ask our accounts lady at work to pay extra tax for me. It was a good way of forced savings.

Plus i had a lot of deductions with my new job.

It's quite tempting to look for a 4 door GT-4 manual R34, they are pretty cheap now and have a full R33 GTR running gear. And i could drop something into it later.

Or i could mod my motorbike.

But a car would be better so I can start coming on cruises and stuff again.

Have you blokes cracked open a R33 GTS4 or R34 GTS4 rear Diff?

You'll find there's a horrid VLSD sitting in there. All though not noticeable with the 4 wheels clawing at the bitchumen but definitely noticable if you are making some decent power and drop a factory clutch pack or aftermarket mechanical in there.

The one up side of the vlsd is because they are a tad loose they are easier to keep in a straight line on corner exit. So more confidence through the hills as you can simply hold it flat. :D

The only other difference is the gearbox ratio's; same model gearbox etc just slightly different ratio's. So same strength yes. :)

I just calculated my tax this avo, and I will owe $204 this year. Far better than the $1560 bill I had last year ;)

I swear "your mob" never take enough tax out.

The wife keeps getting a bill too.

Will have to get them to take out extra for this year, it's way easier to deal with a few less dollars each month.

I swear "your mob" never take enough tax out.

The wife keeps getting a bill too.

Will have to get them to take out extra for this year, it's way easier to deal with a few less dollars each month.

Agreed 100%. Last year I was screwed over with HECS payments not being enough, this year, they've fixed the HECS mostly, but still not taking enough tax out, grrrrrrrrr. Would help explain the big changes recently in finance department though ;)

yeah I pay extra tax each month.... the year I didnt I got stung bigtime (over a grand) as I couldnt claim much on my vehicle that year.

so, this year, under-declearing income to family benefits scheme, and overpaying tax, should get a cple grand back. straight onto the morgage baby!!! ;)

21months ahead

you f**ken beauty

although for the next year I wont put as much onto the morgage (ie 50% of gross wage) as its time to do more stuff with the little ones on the weekends. cheers to clearheadedness (ie no painkillers) =D

Agreed 100%. Last year I was screwed over with HECS payments not being enough

I dont understand. HECS has a minimum income threshold. So why would there be a situation when its not enough. Doesnt make sense to me.

I dont understand. HECS has a minimum income threshold. So why would there be a situation when its not enough. Doesnt make sense to me.

It wasn't just the tax withheld that was the issue. They offered to pay my final year UNI Fee's which was great of them. However, what they failed to make mention of is that by claiming the fee's as a tax deduction for the company, it was then a reportable fringe benefit for me.

A reportable fringe benefit is then grossed up to calculate the HECS taxable income, which meant that my taxable income increased by about $8k (of which I didnt actually get in my pocket as it was paid on my HECS). SO end of the story was that due to the extra taxable income, I got a bill for $1.5k. So really I saved around $5k HECS for around $2k cost to me(as should have got a refund with deductions I had) which was good, but it was still a $1.5k bill that no1 told me would happen when they were being all nice and saying "we'll cover your HECS for this year".

just like a bucket of KFC running away from black afro-american NFL stars.

EDIT: Wait, I get it, makes perfect sense.

im glad you got it, paul. reminds me of the dave chappelle all the time. pre-disposed to chicken. haha

lol yeah, I just didnt see the connection to NFL then I realised it would be like if you have an avatar of a white guy with a KFC bucket for a head making a counter attack in NBA basketball with 5 black players chasing him to the basket and cant catch him, when more often than not, he gets caught. lol

actually, now you stated your views i think you missed the point. black people like chicken (stereotype), hence they chasing the kfc bucket. the way its done makes it that much funnier.