SAU Community

SA Wasteland?

MM2death

There's a LOT of variables.

Placement of inlet air temp sensor, how the car is strapped down, tyre pressure, shootout mode run etc etc.

Its fairly easy to see a variance of 5 even 10rwkw depending on the above.

I believe it actually reads pretty much spot on if not a touch low. R33's with PowerFC's generally see 190-200rwkw; with cam gears or a 13+psi 210rwkw is achievable.

Mine was maxing out the afm and injectors at around 180rwkw; another mates also max'd his out at the same power.

BUT just because the afm is max'd out it doesn't mean you can't go on to make 220rwkw with the stock afm. Its just that the tune is a tad crude but it works.

Agreed, and i know/understand that. Its just i have seen a few cars get roughly 20kw less at some other places.

Edited by KISIN

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What dyno Kisin?

Graham Wests dyno reads 'slightly' lower than Shauns and thats a mainline which is known for reading lower than DD Dyno's.

So I'd say the dyno thats reading 20rwkw less which is a hell of a lot has something funky going on with inlet air temp sensor placement, shoot out mode or lack there of or strapping it down too hard.

Strapping it down TOO hard WILL definitely give a lower reading. 20-30rwkw is not uncommon.

Maybe the person strapping the car down hasn't got all that much experience with the dyno?

Which is why Dyno's are only good as a tuning tool; too many variables.

With regards to shootout modes. 'Generally' the lower the shootout mode the lower the same car will read; shoot 6 vs shoot 8 for example. Shoot8 will read slightly higher. This was shown at a boostworx dyno day when Chop's LS1 was run up in Shoot6 mode and made 20-30rwkw less than in shoot8F.

For what ever reason I've noticed Shaun usually runs in Shoot6 mode (should be shoot6f). Possibly more so for tuning reasons as the higher the shoot the less aggressive the ramp. Thats the way I understand it anyway. :ninja:

Kissin,

Same dyno, same customer, same shootout mode, very similiar amb and it temps.

Only variable (that i'm aware of); different strapper downerer and 24rwkw :ninja:

As you can see; only good for a tuning tool; dyno days are a fairly good indicator as they have a common variable; same day, same operator and strapper etc.. I'm not a believer of placing the IT temp sensor on the pod or airbox as it doesn't reflect 'real world' performance.

On the road; the car with the pod sucking that hot air doesn't have its power magically increased because its sucking hot air; power will be down.

So what I'm getting at is two cars side by side same gear same speed; one with a sealed airbox and cai; another with a POD. On the dyno they make identical power. Who's going to out accelerate who? My bets are on the car with the sealed airbox even though it made the same power as the car with the pod due to the dyno's power correction based on IT temps.

Hope that makes sense.

post-382-1185096868_thumb.jpg

post-382-1185096882_thumb.jpg

Look the way i see it, Use the same dyno everytime, As long as it's tuned on the same dyno it's all good! And when a a Dyno day......... don't take it too serious, Doesn't make your balls any bigger just cos you have more power!

Look the way i see it, Use the same dyno everytime, As long as it's tuned on the same dyno it's all good! And when a a Dyno day......... don't take it too serious, Doesn't make your balls any bigger just cos you have more power!

.....yeh it does :)

haha, nah i know what u saying.

Haha yes is does daz, just cause you dont have much lol....