• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

went to work today and found out i had to look after the shop by myself ALL

day hehe, i was pretty happy about that :dry:

i have to go to a meeting thing tomorrow to do with the shop

apparently it's nothing bad so yeah :w00t:

seems we had a gig up in the party pit at work last night for clipsal.

so im thinking jarad may've been there?

sounded like it was pretty fun, its always great dealing funny money games, you get to f**k around and be a complete idiot all whilst being paid for it.

so pissed i wasnt rostered to work it, i loved the last function :D

seems i may finally be moving out of this hell hole of a house soon aswell, awesome!

means my skyline purchase might be put off for another year or so though, *sigh*

seems we had a gig up in the party pit at work last night for clipsal.

so im thinking jarad may've been there?

sounded like it was pretty fun, its always great dealing funny money games, you get to f**k around and be a complete idiot all whilst being paid for it.

so pissed i wasnt rostered to work it, i loved the last function :D

seems i may finally be moving out of this hell hole of a house soon aswell, awesome!

means my skyline purchase might be put off for another year or so though, *sigh*

Ohhhh noooo scandyflick!!

What happened to the soara?

Morn' all i so love not being @ work :D

was just looking around for some ideas for other peoples sigs and came across this might be a spoiler but anyway, just a message of think before we type makes a world of difference

1. Keyboard Warrior

...4. Keyboard Warriors are generally identified by unnecessary rage in their written communications, and are regarded as 'losers' by other virtual identities on the internet.

Has anyone changed the clutch on their 33 (or 32 with 25 box) and can provide some guidance? My clutch is showing signs of saying farewell, and I would like to give it a go myself but have never changed a clutch. Is there special tools needed (aligning tool?) and would it be possible to do it without a hoist? Also, removing the flywheel for machining, how hard is this? and how long would my car be out of action?

I tried to search the DIY section, found some help, but would like to know if anyone local would mind lending some advice and some help possibly :D

Cheers

Morn' all i so love not being @ work :D

was just looking around for some ideas for other peoples sigs and came across this might be a spoiler but anyway, just a message of think before we type makes a world of difference

<a href="http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=keyboard+warrior" target="_blank">1. Keyboard Warrior

...4. Keyboard Warriors are generally identified by unnecessary rage in their written communications, and are regarded as 'losers' by other virtual identities on the internet.</a>

Maz, :0

I am not a keyboard warrior, I am actually the total opposite and proud of it!!

Has anyone changed the clutch on their 33 (or 32 with 25 box) and can provide some guidance? My clutch is showing signs of saying farewell, and I would like to give it a go myself but have never changed a clutch. Is there special tools needed (aligning tool?) and would it be possible to do it without a hoist? Also, removing the flywheel for machining, how hard is this? and how long would my car be out of action?

I tried to search the DIY section, found some help, but would like to know if anyone local would mind lending some advice and some help possibly :nyaanyaa:

Cheers

You'll need a couple of long extension bars for those top gearbox bolts, clutch aligning tool, 2 hydraulic jacks, some rope, spanners, sockets, needle nose plyers or sirclip removers and a mate to give you a hand.

I drain the gearbox oil, remove the tail shaft from the rear of the gearbox, disconnect speedo drive all plugs remove the shifter (via inside the car), starter motor etc

Shove one jack under the rear of the gearbox and tie it up so it won't slip off while rotating the gearbox. One jack up front to help take some weight.

Drop the rear of the gearbox slightly so you can get at the top bell housing bolts easier, remove all bolts then get either side, slide the box out a little, rotate clockwise so the starter lump clears the floor pan and then slide it out while slowly lowering the jacks. ;)

Leave the box under the car and as it is. Remove old clutch and flywheel, have the flywheel faced if you wish and replace spiggot bush (pack the crank end full of grease and use a suitably sized socket and small extension bar + hammer to get the old out)

Smack in the new spiggot, attach flyweel remembering to locktight the bolts.

Loosly bolt up the new clutch, slide the clutch aligning tool in, tighten up the pressure place bolts then slide the gearbox in doing the opposite of what you did to remove it.

Refill with oil. I think thats it. :nyaanyaa:

EDIT: And always plan an escape route incase you drop the box. :D

You'll need a couple of long extension bars for those top gearbox bolts, clutch aligning tool, 2 hydraulic jacks, some rope, spanners, sockets, needle nose plyers or sirclip removers and a mate to give you a hand.

I drain the gearbox oil, remove the tail shaft from the rear of the gearbox, disconnect speedo drive all plugs remove the shifter (via inside the car), starter motor etc

Shove one jack under the rear of the gearbox and tie it up so it won't slip off while rotating the gearbox. One jack up front to help take some weight.

Drop the rear of the gearbox slightly so you can get at the top bell housing bolts easier, remove all bolts then get either side, slide the box out a little, rotate clockwise so the starter lump clears the floor pan and then slide it out while slowly lowering the jacks. ;)

Leave the box under the car and as it is. Remove old clutch and flywheel, have the flywheel faced if you wish and replace spiggot bush (pack the crank end full of grease and use a suitably sized socket and small extension bar + hammer to get the old out)

Smack in the new spiggot, attach flyweel remembering to locktight the bolts.

Loosly bolt up the new clutch, slide the clutch aligning tool in, tighten up the pressure place bolts then slide the gearbox in doing the opposite of what you did to remove it.

Refill with oil. I think thats it. :nyaanyaa:

EDIT: And always plan an escape route incase you drop the box. :D

Cheers for that cubes!

Do you do this in your shed with the car on Jack stands, or is a hoist really more necessary?

Also, where can you get a flywheel machined southern suburbs, and any idea of cost?

Cheers!