SAU Community

Hills Motorsport

donut_kng

A mate of mine went down and had a chat about some work he wants done to his R33 at the Hills motorsport workshop located in Castle Hill, in the block of units where the UAS building is, or used to be. He thought he sounded like he knew his stuff and was a pretty good guy to talk to, I'm thinking of going down there myself to check it out.

Just wondering firstly if anyone else has had anything to do with them and can comment on their experiences in terms of price and workmanship?

Edited by mlt15e

ive talked to Mark one of the owners when i bought some stuff off them. great guy and easy to talk to (i dont know about his mechanics workmanship though). ill be heading down there in january to get my turbos in as they charge prettty cheap as well (almost half price of what other shops were charging).

ive talked to Mark one of the owners when i bought some stuff off them. great guy and easy to talk to (i dont know about his mechanics workmanship though). ill be heading down there in january to get my turbos in as they charge prettty cheap as well (almost half price of what other shops were charging).

My Dad's been around 'forever' in the car scene, and he thinks highly of them.

He's not had any work done there, but they are friendly and happy to share anything they know. They can't be too bad.

So that's what I know about them.

Go somewhere else! Sure he might be a nice guy to talk too.

Theres also a reason that he is a lot cheaper than other places.

Go somewhere else!

What do you mean by that? Please dont hold back here!

i have had some very negative experiences there. but that is just my experience. i personally wouldn't go there again. there are plenty of other workshops around.

What happened exactly? Im thinking of getting a second hand PFC off him and a tune,

Edited by mlt15e

Friends of mine have had there car's serviced and worked on there.

From there experience the workmanship was fine it was just realy realy slow!

THey have extended there workshop to next door as well now.

I only go there to use there dyno so I dont know what there like personally working on cars.

But they do sounds like they know what there talking about, and there pretty cheap also.

Cheers

Josh

such as...

Plenty of stuff ! getting money upfront for parts and still no parts 3 or more years later and no refund ! plenty more stuff i can pm you with more if you like . I wouldnt trust him as far as i could kick him ! is that honest enough ? Only trying to save you money and hassle .