SAU Community

Gsm Sms Alarms

weSky

Guys,

I need an alarm with GSM SMS with both function and messages (ie: you can send commands to the car via SMS and get general messages from it - ie: "help, some dic just broke in to me" haha)

So far all i can work out is that this type of thing is really just a module/addon to an existing alarm? I am pretty dumb when it comes to this stuff.

In saying that - I need something that has an immob, alarm, door openers (no boot), GSM SMS + a remote control to stick on a keyring (stuff sending a text each time i need to open my door haha)

It would be going on a GSTS R33 2 door manual. There isnt a turbo timer and i dont plan on installing one.

Can someone give me any suggestions and prices (with install) or better still, a place around melb that contains workers who do not have their heads up their backsides - melb seems to contain most of these loons.

I live in Melb and please dont tell me to go to Autobarn - i got the reply of "What do you mean a GSM SMS capable alarm, there is no such thing" - god damn I hope he isnt right haha.

Cheers,

Steve.

Edit: While I am at it, will the below alarm do all that I need. Im assuming I will have to pay extra for it to be tapped into the cent' locking? and of corse, install.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-RHINO-RAM-Dual-...VQQcmdZViewItem

Edited by weSky

From my researching most alarm installers will put a decent alarm with a decent gsm module. ie. Mongoose alarm with mongoose gsm sender. This setup would end up costing around $1000~.

With $1000~ id prefer the quiktrak, which is on special for $999 incl installation but a $400~ yearly monitoring fee has to be paid.

The only one i could find is the rhino gsm alarm floating around ebay. Although i cant find a reputable installer as most decent installers only stick to their alarms.

From researching about the rhino, it has a normal alarm keypad and can also be controlled via sms, if you lock your keys inside car etc.

If you get the rhino please keep us updated with it as i would like to see it :)

Cheers

There is a module compatible with the Autowatch 456RLi

Alarm Cost = $600 installed

GSM Module = +another $700 installed and configured.

I think this allows for 2-way messages.

eg Module sends message if alarm is triggered

Module can receive message and wind windows down

There is a module compatible with the Autowatch 456RLi

Alarm Cost = $600 installed

GSM Module = +another $700 installed and configured.

I think this allows for 2-way messages.

eg Module sends message if alarm is triggered

Module can receive message and wind windows down

yep CATE. cool module and its LOCKED to your phone via password. has 4 outputs that can be configured to do what ever you like.

rhino ram has 4 or so aux outputs to do w/e u want, also shares the password feature you speak of, what do you mean by *tamperd* with.

the CATE is an entirely separate unit so if you find the alarm you wont find it. in the case of the Rhino item find the unit pop the card out and its gone.

comes back to installation in reality.