SAU Community

S15 Vs R34 Gtt

I think you'll find as said above, that the 34 compared to the s15, or any model skyline compared with its silvia equivilant, is a much more robust car with generally a better build quality. We have two s15's in my family along with my 33 and have driven many 34's and it is quite noticable. for example the doors etc feel a lot fuller than the tinnie feeling silvia. that said though i still think the s15 is a top car, drives more like a go cart compared with a skyline.

Also the jdm spec silvia's run higher boost from factory which is one of the reasons for the increase in power. We took out a approx 10cm vac line located near the standard solenoid on the silvia and replaced it with a generic fuel line and now have 1 bar of boost virtually for free. :D

Edited by R33silverS2

Both top cars... i had the same dilemma when looking to buy a ride.. either an S15 or an R34. I test drove countless number of examples.. in the end stuck out with the R34. There's not much in it, but i chose the R34 as it felt a little more sturdy, and if you love the sound of the straight six turbo well your choice has already been made. But seriously, you'd be happy either way.

hey, can anyone recomend a yard in sydney were i can test drive a 34

as im looking into one, thanks

Depends where in syd.

Just on Parramatta Road alone you've got

Japlink motors

E&M Unique motorsports

Ed Lee's

Otomobile shoppe

& countless others. Just look around :P

• 1 year later...

If you're gonna buy a 34 or a s15, please make sure u be careful choosing one.

There are so many dodgy ones out there ESP. on parra road.

Not to "defame" any businesses but some of them are just the worst.

Good luck man =] both are nice cars at the end of the day.

• 2 months later...

lol this is a rather old thread, but in a couple of years ive got a feeling ill be in the same boat (s15 or r34), but ive got a question about the resale values.

obviously both cars will eventually sit back to the prices of s13s/r32 gtsts (maybe even less due to petrol prices).. but when s15s are the same age do u think the 34 will hold its value more just as the 32 is holding value better than s13s? the 32 obviously has the bathurst GT-R lookalike heritage, but according to this thread, has the skyline 'build quality' on its side (which i do believe is true as the skyline was sold as a more expensive car and the S chassis was sold as the cheaper, perhaps 'funner' version)

so what are peoples thoughts about their resale values? are there any similar threads on this sort of thing (in like 10 or so years time)?