SAU Community

Your Thoughts On Gtr-wannabe's!

Dear friends,

This is a very general question and I would like to say it up front that I hold no grudges against people that have GTS-T's that spend thousands of dollars to make their vehicle look, sound and sometimes run like a GTR... was just wondering, what the general Skyline communities feel about GTS-T Skylines that have GTR-like bodykits, badges and mods that make them look and sound like a real GT-R Godzilla?

Do you look down on them and say, "ha ha ha what a loser" - or do you say things like; "damn, that's nice and nearly got me fooled - respect?"

To be honest, mine is a GTS-T Skyline Turbo - I have spent some dollars in making it look like a GT-R - why? Simply because I have a lot of admiration for the Godzilla but don't think I can afford the GT-R at this stage and what's more, too hard to import and not much of them are laying around for sale.

So yeah, your opinions would be lovely.

Cheers,

SKY

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is that yours in the avatar? looks tidy.

GT-R kitted GTS-t is OK, but I think fitting GTR badges is going a little too far.

Fitting a RB26DETT to your GTS-t on the other hand, Respect! That is the only way you will ever make it sound like a GTR, but after spending all that money, you could probably own the legend for a similar amount.

P.S, I look down on tacky GTR replicas with badly fitted and mismatched copy GTR kits that are usually found on a NA Skyline. If its done properly and looks neat, I dont mind it.

BE PROUD OF YOUR GTS... 26 fitted or not....it takes alot more effort to make em go as quick...

i see it all the time bodykits badges paint jobs etc etc but then see a standard exhaust at the back and not even a front mount...

Edited by thizzle

i have nothing against gtr kits on gtst's but what i don't like is gtr badging on gtst's. thats pretty much saying "hey i want a gtr but couldn't afford it".

as thizzle says be proud of your car. what i would love to see on the roads is r33s with different bodykits. most of the ones you see either have gtr kits or stock gtst kits. try something different ffs :D

i have nothing against gtr kits on gtst's but what i don't like is gtr badging on gtst's. thats pretty much saying "hey i want a gtr but couldn't afford it".

as thizzle says be proud of your car. what i would love to see on the roads is r33s with different bodykits. most of the ones you see either have gtr kits or stock gtst kits. try something different ffs :D

Some people like the stock kit.... :sorcerer:

I actually think people ought to be called out if they run a GTR badge on a GTSt. Public shaming is too good for them. A good kit etc is fine but there are considerable differences overall, especially in the driving.

I have a GTR33, an auto GTS25t which I have maintained a lowline look with the stock series 1 wing, skirts and rear pods, and the track GTS25t on which I have the GTR style adjustable wing, twin turbo setup on the RB25 and soon to have the 6 throttles and GTR plenum, and most likely a 3 litre bottom end. Each has its own application but only one gets the badge.

Some people want the performance aspects of the gtr kit rather than the looks.

Some people dont rate an extra 150kgs on the front of their already front heavy car.

Gtr badges should never be fitted to anything but a gtr tho its just not right

Cheers guys, yeah... I must agree... let's face it... not all people on the roads knows how a real GT-R looks or sounds like... people get away with it, but when it comes out...damn it, shame! LOL

A real GT-R r33 would cost around $27K or a bit more depending on the condition - a good R33 GTS-T would cost around $15K -at the end of the day, with the kit, mods and badges etc - this would easily be $20K - damn it, $7K's is somestimes out of reach.

I mean, one time I saw a GTS-T with nothing GT-R at all - even a stock exahust...and it had not one, but two, GT-R badges at the back...damn it, I felt sorry for the fool. LOL

By the way, the pic in the Avatar is not my ride... just got it from the net as it's a GTS-T with full GT-R kit...respect!

Guys, you know any good and cheap places in MELB to get bodykits??

Cheers,

SKY

as sky nguyen said, not a lot of people know what the real gtrs look like - some dudes in a gemini stopped beside me at a red light and asked if mine was a gtr - and mine just has the factory kit. gtr kits look very good - but they suit the s1 and s1.5 models better due to the shape of the front lights. But as a skyline owner, you will know that its not really a gtr. Depends on whether or not you will be happy with it.

Me personally - i wouldnt want to make mine look like a gtr - just doesnt have the same feel + im happy with keeping my car looking the way it is. That way, when i mod it up heaps - no one will suspect a thing :P ....... until i leave them for dead on the track :D

Edited by emsta2003

Good ol done to death topics....

First reply sumed it up.....Only one way to make it sound like a GTR, RB26 baby...

Fitting a "Nissan GTR Powered" badge to a GTS-T if its got a 26 is the only sticker with some RESPECT!

pfft.

There are a whole stack of GT-R owners (and a whole lot more non-owners!) that will tell you that it's somehow

sacrilegious to put an R badge on anything that isn't a GT-R. Some people are coming from the position that the

badge on your car somehow affects _them_ (highly comical in the non-owners :D).

A couple of question to those that say 'not a GT-R == no badge':

Do you think that those 7-second cars are GT-Rs? Really? Just how much in common with their donor cars

do you think they have? Or how about an R32 'n1' that's allowed bigger brakes? Should they be told 'no n1'?

What about other people modding GT-Rs? At what point does it become 'not a GT-R, no badge'?

exhaust? filter? bleed valve? EMS? TSC? intercooler? oil mods? water mods? internals? hicas-lock? suspension? single?

brakes? wheels? bodykit? 'no GT-R for you!'?

My opinion: A badge is just a badge. If putting a badge on your car makes you happier, do it. And find me an

R32 GTS-T sticker (ready to put on a car, not already on one :P)...

Regards,

Saliya

Edited by saliya