SAU Community

Your Thoughts On Gtr-wannabe's!

pfft.

There are a whole stack of GT-R owners (and a whole lot more non-owners!) that will tell you that it's somehow

sacrilegious to put an R badge on anything that isn't a GT-R. Some people are coming from the position that the

badge on your car somehow affects _them_ (highly comical in the non-owners :D).

A couple of question to those that say 'not a GT-R == no badge':

Do you think that those 7-second cars are GT-Rs? Really? Just how much in common with their donor cars

do you think they have? Or how about an R32 'n1' that's allowed bigger brakes? Should they be told 'no n1'?

What about other people modding GT-Rs? At what point does it become 'not a GT-R, no badge'?

exhaust? filter? bleed valve? EMS? TSC? intercooler? oil mods? water mods? internals? hicas-lock? suspension? single?

brakes? wheels? bodykit? 'no GT-R for you!'?

My opinion: A badge is just a badge. If putting a badge on your car makes you happier, do it. And find me an

R32 GTS-T sticker (ready to put on a car, not already on one :P)...

Regards,

Saliya

Lol...interesting point of view you have there...

How does modifying a GTR make it 'not a GTR'...its still a GTR...its just modified....

Its like saying the Ztune can't have a GTR badge, because its modified....its a highly modified GTR....but its still a GTR.

A GTS-T will NEVER be a GTR, ever. Putting a GTR badge on it is sad :P

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

at the end of the day, if it makes them happy to put a GTR badge on their Gtst then there's nothing you can do anyway, no amount of threads or bitching or name calling will make them change their minds. It's their car, their choice nothing to do with anyone else.

when i got my r33 it had gtr badges on the boot and grille. i took the boot one off but when i took the grille one off i had a heap of sikaflex crap behind it :S so instead of a mess i put the badge back on.... if gts badges were easy to come by id have one...

i donno, im undecided, i think im leaning towards the general view of only a GTR is 'worthy' of a GTR badge, but hey if you want to do it, well then do it...its your car at the end of the day...though it is a bit sad if you got a say R33 GTS and put on a GTR badge and keep trying to drag people and dont go as well as you might like....not a good look for the name... (not that we condone any sort of street dragging on here)

but i guess a lot of people do it? i mean take a look at how many people re badge soarers with Lexus badges, Hondas with Acura badges and im seeing more and more Holden utes with Chevy badges? WHAT THA....

and while im bitching, whats with the big stickers that people put of the name of a manafacturer on the top part of their windscreen? i usually laugh and think to myself "oh my god...its a Mistubishi! if you didnt have that big sticker on your windscreen advertiisng what car you drive i wouldn't have ever gussed what it was, i mean there is only 3 million lancers in melbourne!"

Edited by dineth

as sky nguyen said, not a lot of people know what the real gtrs look like - some dudes in a gemini stopped beside me at a red light and asked if mine was a gtr - and mine just has the factory kit. gtr kits look very good - but they suit the s1 and s1.5 models better due to the shape of the front lights. But as a skyline owner, you will know that its not really a gtr. Depends on whether or not you will be happy with it.

Me personally - i wouldnt want to make mine look like a gtr - just doesnt have the same feel + im happy with keeping my car looking the way it is. That way, when i mod it up heaps - no one will suspect a thing ;) ....... until i leave them for dead on the track :(

Respect. Represent.

Nicely put mate!! Speaking of which, I'll tell you something really funny... I used to drive a Honda Accord with full bodykit etc... a few guys in a Holden Commodore rocks up next to me and says: "hey mate, is that car fast - you wanna race?" I mean, some blokes have no idea....

Like what Emsta said - I must say, not much people on the road knows the differences between a GTS-T and a GT-R.

Cheers

pfft.

There are a whole stack of GT-R owners (and a whole lot more non-owners!) that will tell you that it's somehow

sacrilegious to put an R badge on anything that isn't a GT-R. Some people are coming from the position that the

badge on your car somehow affects _them_ (highly comical in the non-owners :().

A couple of question to those that say 'not a GT-R == no badge':

Do you think that those 7-second cars are GT-Rs? Really? Just how much in common with their donor cars

do you think they have? Or how about an R32 'n1' that's allowed bigger brakes? Should they be told 'no n1'?

What about other people modding GT-Rs? At what point does it become 'not a GT-R, no badge'?

exhaust? filter? bleed valve? EMS? TSC? intercooler? oil mods? water mods? internals? hicas-lock? suspension? single?

brakes? wheels? bodykit? 'no GT-R for you!'?

My opinion: A badge is just a badge. If putting a badge on your car makes you happier, do it. And find me an

R32 GTS-T sticker (ready to put on a car, not already on one ;))...

Regards,

Saliya

Hi hi hi.... your post says it nicely....

I mean, I have the understanding for people that idolise the GT-R brand, name and look - there's nothing wrong with that...but trying to be one is, in my personal opinion ok, but if you wear the GT-R badge, you gotta back it up with some GO not all SHOW... I mean, to be honest, i am trying to make my GTS-T look like a GT-R - more so because I have a lot of respect for the GT-R and it's look... but I am planning to spend some G's on performance...so when, if I do, put the GT-R badge on, at least I give it a good name...

SKY

when i got my r33 it had gtr badges on the boot and grille. i took the boot one off but when i took the grille one off i had a heap of sikaflex crap behind it :S so instead of a mess i put the badge back on.... if gts badges were easy to come by id have one...

Respect. Damn, nicely said.

I really respect dudes that are proud of what they got, not always day-dreaming for what they cannot have or can't afford YET.

I will try to make my GSt-T do proud if I were to badge it GT-R...

To make it worst... I came across a NON-TUBO R33 the other day with overdone GT-R badges everywhere... I mean, one on the grill, two on the side indicators, 1 on each side of the side skirt and a big one at the back... when I drove past and let of my BOV... the guy was so N/A it hurt.... damn it, I had to let one off.... sped infront of the fool and did a massive burnout and blew him off with some waste... BOV yo! hi hi hi... LOL - I mean, someone needs to be bashed... agreed?

i donno, im undecided, i think im leaning towards the general view of only a GTR is 'worthy' of a GTR badge, but hey if you want to do it, well then do it...its your car at the end of the day...though it is a bit sad if you got a say R33 GTS and put on a GTR badge and keep trying to drag people and dont go as well as you might like....not a good look for the name... (not that we condone any sort of street dragging on here)

but i guess a lot of people do it? i mean take a look at how many people re badge soarers with Lexus badges, Hondas with Acura badges and im seeing more and more Holden utes with Chevy badges? WHAT THA....

and while im bitching, whats with the big stickers that people put of the name of a manafacturer on the top part of their windscreen? i usually laugh and think to myself "oh my god...its a Mistubishi! if you didnt have that big sticker on your windscreen advertiisng what car you drive i wouldn't have ever gussed what it was, i mean there is only 3 million lancers in melbourne!"

ha ha ha ha.... I laughed so hard, I fell of my chair..... damn, I like you already! nicely put...

Yeah, I have to say, LANCER drivers are a bit sad.... why? Not so much because of their ride - respect to all....but man, they really over do the point... LANCERS are amongst the cheapest models of cars a person can own (nothing wrong with that, mind you)... but man, decal on their windscreens, stickers on the sides and running around on a 1.8 4 cyclinder car - damn it, they think they own the road? Hey, go EVO if you think you want to take a LANCER to the next level yo! LOL

Straight up.

SKY

you pulled in front of him and did a burnout, to teach him a lesson for having an N/A?

you're right...you do need to be bashed

Hi hih i... no, not because he has a NA car... I used to drive a NA Honda... love it to bits... but because he wanted to be a GT-R so bad, he had to show off so hard that it hurts.... hih ihi

its not just the chevy badge they put on the front its a whole grill. i like it i think it makes the front look better. specially on the VY fronts. GTR badges on the other hand don't improve the look of a gtst at all. so why would ya put it? yup gtr wannabe.....there's no other reason really.....

Edited by R-SPEC

I hold a gtr badged Gts/t in the same regard as when I see a mirage/es lancer driving on the road with big chromies & evo IV kit with paint peeling off of it.

As far as fitting GTR style kits I got no problem with. I used to have an r33 with a gtr style rear wing, 400r sideskirts & the factory type m frontbar, looked tough without being overdone.

I'm currently saving up for an east bear GTR style frontbar & hood for my car because the r34 gtr look just has an aura & presence about it ;)

What would be really awesome is if they made a badge that had the GTR logo, but with a red 'T' instead of the 'R', or a red 'S' for r33s :(. That would be the only extra badges I'd fit.

Hi hih i... no, not because he has a NA car... I used to drive a NA Honda... love it to bits... but because he wanted to be a GT-R so bad, he had to show off so hard that it hurts.... hih ihi

you're going to make your whole car look like a GTR........ ;)

also, you know you can quote multiple posts and reply to them in a single post, rather than 6 consecutive posts...

its not just the chevy badge they put on the front but a whole grill. i like it i think it makes the front look better. specially on the VY fronts.

Its kind of odd though, considering they all preach that Holden is so Australian etc, and then go and stick an American badge on their Australian car....

What would be really awesome is if they made a badge that had the GTR logo, but with a red 'T' instead of the 'R', or a red 'S' for r33s :(. That would be the only extra badges I'd fit.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...134940&st=0

you're going to make your whole car look like a GTR........ :(

also, you know you can quote multiple posts and reply to them in a single post, rather than 6 consecutive posts...

Its kind of odd though, considering they all preach that Holden is so Australian etc, and then go and stick an American badge on their Australian car....

lol it basically makes the whole front american (chev engine and grill) hardly an aussie car lol

its not just the chevy badge they put on the front its a whole grill. i like it i think it makes the front look better. specially on the VY fronts. GTR badges on the other hand don't improve the look of a gtst at all. so why would ya put it? yup gtr wannabe.....there's no other reason really.....

I find it funny how they replace the badge of an average australian car brand with that of an average American marquee. Or maybe I just don't hold chevvys in high regard? :(

lol it basically makes the whole front american (chev engine and grill) hardly an aussie car lol

What is this world coming to ah, guys?

Oh by the way, MERRY CHRISTMS TO ONE AND ALL.... WHY UP SO LATE GUYS? :(

Hey guys... on the topic of a Wolf in Sheeps clothing topic...

I've put together something that I am thinking of going ahead with...

Can you please download the small 1mb file and let me know if my chosen combination for a full bodykit would do...any suggestions would be lovely..

I will also post this outside as a separate topic... would appreciate any feedback as I will go ahead with this soon...

Regards,

SKY

R33_Chosen_Look.zip

lol @ doin a burnout to shame him you only shamed ya self....wow ya got a bov...lmao did it flutter????

ya say ya wanna spend some cash on power...so do it 1st...then worry bout how it looks....i drove a busted multi color gts for 2 yrs until i was happy with engine work....

Edited by thizzle

kits and all are fine up to a point. as soon as the GTR badge hits the panels of a gtst its becomes sad. and there are soo many monkeys driving their badged up gtst thinking they are hot shit. i personally dont see the point in spending money making a slow car look fast. all these gtst getting around with 160rwkw looking plastic fantastic dressed with bodykits turns me off. next thing they pull up to you and turn up their subs till your car starts to shake. gay shit.

I'm going to put 5 GTR badges on my RB20E.

I'm going to put a massive GTR kit on my car but with stock

I'm going to buy a NA blow off sound generator and fit that on

I'm going to put a modified boost gauge on my car so that when its turned off, it's reading 5psi

I'm going to put a plastic intercooler modle in front of my car

I'm going to get a massive GT wing

I'm going to get a massive 5" cannon exhaust

seriously, the quality of this thread just went down to nothing when u started doing burnout in front of the NA trying to tell the him and the world that you are cool. No one is impressed, we all got blow off valves, we can all do burnouts.