SAU Community

Your Thoughts On Gtr-wannabe's!

kits and all are fine up to a point. as soon as the GTR badge hits the panels of a gtst its becomes sad. and there are soo many monkeys driving their badged up gtst thinking they are hot shit. i personally dont see the point in spending money making a slow car look fast. all these gtst getting around with 160rwkw looking plastic fantastic dressed with bodykits turns me off. next thing they pull up to you and turn up their subs till your car starts to shake. gay shit.

gtst with around 160 kw with body kits are very common, i dont get where your coming from dude? theres nothing wrong with that nor the subs.

this was about skylines trying to be GTRS (badges etc)

Edited by sillylankan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you pulled in front of him and did a burnout, to teach him a lesson for having an N/A?

you're right...you do need to be bashed

Sorry I'm late ppl but... ;)

Next

The Chevy badge deal is an option available to Au buyers. Essentially no one outside Au has heard of Holden so the taxis are rebadged and sent to Saudi, UAE etc.

Badges...pfft. The R stands for Race as in Grand Touring-Race. If you've got a T that has a hot mill and sorted suspension put what ever badge you like on it. I dont care if some homeboy in a civic mistakes my R for a T. I bought it for me and if he want to gettem out and measure up thats fine...when the flag drops the bullsh!t stops :(

image8.jpg

out of the topic, how much is a geniune GTR badge, i know for fact that KPGC10 badges go for alot, but seriously. Dont take it the wrong way though, i dont badge cars nor do i dress em up.

Know what, how bout badging your GTR with the old skool GTR badges, they look nice.

Justjap sell the fake one for $20, and the genuine one for $95

http://justjap.com/parts_nbadges.htm

IIRC, the fake ones are just stuck on but the genuine ones have holes in the boot where the badge can be slotted in.

I think a lot of the confusion comes in because people don't understand what putting on a GTR (or Type R, or whatever) badge MEANS. It doesn't mean your car is capable of running x seconds down the quarter or doing a x:xx lap of QR, it doesn't mean it's as fast as or faster than a GTR. It means "this car is a GTR". If it didn't come out of the factory with a GTR build plate, then I'm sorry but it's not a GTR, and you're telling everyone your car is something it's not. Just because the performance may be equivalent is irrelevant - it's NOT a GTR unless that's how it left the factory, regardless of what mods you've done or how much GTR stuff you've bolted on.

Regardless, if someone wants to put a GTR badge on their car, who are we to tell them them they can't? It's their car, their money, and whatever they want to do with it is their business. I will still laugh though :)

A GTS-T will NEVER be a GTR, ever. Putting a GTR badge on it is sad :)

i agree.

a non-GTR Skyline should not carry the GTR badge. a GTS with a GTR badge is an affront to the nameplate. even if the GTS-t or GTS4 has been modified, it's not originally a GTR and lacks GTR build characteristics.

it's perfectly ok to modifiy a non-GTR Skyline "beyond" a GTR's original setup and performance traits as long as the car is presented under the moniker of it's original build. otherwise, it's a lie and a poseur. had i a GTS-t that ran low 11s and looked fly, say with an N1 kit or a 400R kit (in the case of an R33), i'd be proud that it was a GTS-t because it would be an example of what a lesser model is capable of.

but don't go putting GTR on the car. that is just gay.